Karma can be SO sweet..

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

FirNaTine

Jun 6, 2005
I'm wondering how he passed the drug test at the AFFEES station to get in the service to begin with. Fake piss?

Was it his "privilege" that stopped the cops from arresting him for drug possession?

For the first part, heroin metabolites clear from urine in only a few days, so if he was clean for even a few days ahead of entry/basic training he would have passed a whiz quiz. (And while I have not served, I think it would be difficult to use through basic without it being detected at some point.)

As far as the second part, most states and Arizona specifically provide some form of immunity from charges arising from a call to help an OD victim. Because so many folks were dying, it was seen as a way to encourage folks to call for help and not fear arrest (which as a long time FD/Paramedic in a particularly hard hit area, I agree with.) AZ Law

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
What does "retire Nancy Pelosi" even mean? Is this a second amendment remedy?

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I have nothing to say except this makes me sad. We live in a world with so much competitive hatred of others that all we want to do is mock other people's weaknesses. It saddens me enormously that in a country with so many resources we have nowhere to turn for those who suffer profound inner conflict, hardly any wisdom or real love to be found anywhere. I hope this man does find out where he went wrong and what it is within him that he feels he can't face. I am sad because I know what it is but I see no way to help him. Are you like him? If so consider the possibility that you feel worthless when you really are not and that what you seek can be hidden but never really lost.

robphelan

Diamond Member
Aug 28, 2003
I have nothing to say except this makes me sad. We live in a world with so much competitive hatred of others that all we want to do is mock other people's weaknesses. It saddens me enormously that in a country with so many resources we have nowhere to turn for those who suffer profound inner conflict, hardly any wisdom or real love to be found anywhere. I hope this man does find out where he went wrong and what it is within him that he feels he can't face. I am sad because I know what it is but I see no way to help him. Are you like him? If so consider the possibility that you feel worthless when you really are not and that what you seek can be hidden but never really lost.
but that's not really it - no one is happy about any of this..

what it is, is pointing out the blatant hypocrisy that the party of family values professes yet does not follow.

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018

what it is, is pointing out the blatant hypocrisy that the party of family values professes yet does not follow.

EXACTLY! It's kinda like:

1582760627419.png

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999

But my point is that the hypocrisy that is so evident to you isn't at all to them and for the reasons I believe that is so as I also gave. When I see people pointing out hypocracy in others I see a projection of the hatred for their own. A lack of self awareness caused by the desire not to see some truth about one's self that the person believes is horrible evil hideous repugnant, etc. causes hypocrisy so all of us who are unaware of what we feel are hypocrites. And since all those negative truths about ourselves are only true because we believe in the lie of their existence and their evil, it's sad. We suffer needlessly, which is why it is ok to suffer. To truly suffer will bring us to the time when we bought the lie and give us a chance to see it as the lie that it is.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
He did actually own up to it and apologize to his supporters. It sounds like he's taking responsibility and trying to fight an addiction he's admitted to having since high school. Unless he used public funds to pay for his drugs or something. I'm going to give him the nod. I wish him peace and recovery. I hope he finally gets clean.