Karla Homolka To Be Freed

fbrdphreak

Lifer
Apr 17, 2004
Did a search under Karla Homolka and only found an unrelated thread a few days ago.

Karla Homolka, reviled as one of Canada's most infamous criminals, could walk free as early as today.

Homolka, now 35, has finished a 12-year sentence for her role in the sexual assaults and slayings of two pubescent girls in the early 1990s and is set to be released between June 30 and July 5. Under the plea bargain, Homolka was not charged in the death of her sister, 15-year-old Tammy, who died in 1990 after choking on her own vomit when she was drugged and raped by Homolka and her husband.

Many in Canada believed she deserved to spend the rest of her life behind bars, but in a rush to get her to testify, the Canadian justice system agreed to the plea deal and reduced her sentence.

:( People suck
rose.gif

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000
The tapes didn't provide direct enough evidence to convict Bernardo alone, they needed Homolka to go state's witness to be sure.

The 12 year sentence...you can only serve a maximum of 2/3rds your sentence up here in Canada, IIRC. Minimum (and often) just 1/3rd.

fbrdphreak

Lifer
Apr 17, 2004
Originally posted by: yllus
The tapes didn't provide direct enough evidence to convict Bernardo alone, they needed Homolka to go state's witness to be sure.

The 12 year sentence...you can only serve a maximum of 2/3rds your sentence up here in Canada, IIRC. Minimum (and often) just 1/3rd.
I guess that's a little more understandable. Thanks for the info

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
Hopefully if one of the dead girls relatives are still around, they'll finish the job the justice system failed to perform.

fbrdphreak

Lifer
Apr 17, 2004
Originally posted by: sm8000
Well, I'll be damned.... never mind, looks like the thread I was thinking of isn't around anymore :p
hehe, remove that repost assertatioN!!! :p

AdamSnow

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2002
Heard on the radio that she didn't want the press to be there because she feared for her life when she gets out...

All I got to say... "Good." Woman deserves whatever happens to her outside of those walls...