Karl Malone suspended 1 game for elbowing.

PlatinumGold

Lifer
Aug 11, 2000
anyone else see that play? i watched it and it seemed to me that nash was invading malones space and malone was just doing his normal elbow thing. it seemed to me the foul was enough. whats the deal with the suspension?

link

iamme

Lifer
Jul 21, 2001
k.malone elbowing a smaller guard again with his elbows.....:(

was nash hurt?

boyRacer

Lifer
Oct 1, 2001
nash was bleeding after... i think it was his gums or something... well thats what i saw

EDIT: Oh yeah... i think the foul was enough... seems like this happened because nash practically showed the world that he was bleeding right after he got hit

PlatinumGold

Lifer
Aug 11, 2000
if i rememer nash got elbowed in the mouth and left the game for about 20 minutes due to bleeding.

however, Malone CLEARLY had the rebound. he was coming down with it, nash was poking at the ball and got it in the mouth as he lunged towards the ball.

if he hadn't gotten hit, he might actually have gotten a foul. i don't get it, if a guard wants to try and poke at a ball CLEARLY in the possession of another player than they should have to live with the consequences. its not as if malone went to hit nash in the mouth, it was the result of nash lunging and karl throwing his elbows simultaneously, had nash NOT lunged he would NOT have been hit.

iamme

Lifer
Jul 21, 2001
i'm sorry, but Karl Malone has such a history of hurting other players (intentional or not), he deserves the scrutiny when it happens.

anyways, officials reviewed the tape and they obviously thought it was intentional enough to warrant a suspension.

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
Bah, it's usually just a 2 minute penalty in the sin bin. I've been checked from behind against the boards at full speed and they called nothing. Bah !

Staples

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2001
It is about time Malone actually gets some retribution for his antics. He has been a dirty player for a while.

jonnyjack

Platinum Member
Oct 13, 1999
did any of you guys actually see the play?

malone got the board and nash took one swipe at it, malone then waited like 1 second and then elbowed nash right in the mouth. nash had to leave the game and get a few stitches on his lip.

they even showed a replay and it was obvious malone did it on purpose. it was clearly after the swipe and malone was looking directly at nash.

PlatinumGold

Lifer
Aug 11, 2000
Originally posted by: jonnyjack

malone got the board and nash took one swipe at it, malone then waited like 1 second and then elbowed nash right in the mouth. nash had to leave the game and get a few stitches on his lip.

they even showed a replay and it was obvious malone did it on purpose. it was clearly after the swipe and malone was looking directly at nash.

which play were you watching?? I saw it live and i saw the replay, it was NOT one second later. Nash was LUNGING at the ball. malone was swinging his elbows like he ALWAYS does, it's called clearing space.

yellowperil

Diamond Member
Jan 17, 2000
Karl Malone love Christmas. Christmas is a time of year when there's snow on the ground, chestnuts roping on an open fire, Jack Off nipping at your nose. And that's what Karl Malone like, the holiday spirit. Santa Claus come down chimney, bring all sorts of toys for little girls and boys, big 'ol ham with the honey glaze. Mmmmmm, Karl Malone love that ham. Honey glaze, sweet and tangy, oh honey glaze make Karl Malone wish baby Jesus was born every month. And that's mouthwatering good stuff, but here's the most important thing about christmas time, giving out gift. It's better to give gift out that recieve gift out. And that's why Karl Malone like to put his big 'ol elbow in other player face. It's better to give gift elbow, than recieve gift elbow. You get that, better to give elbow. That's a good joke, that's funny. But that's what makes holiday season so great, good 'ol jokes. And that's Karl Malone's gift to you this holiday time, joke. Cause as they always say, laughter is the best Mexican. Have a happy christmas time and until next time, this here Karl Malone.

RagingBITCH

Lifer
Sep 27, 2003
Originally posted by: PlatinumGold

which play were you watching?? I saw it live and i saw the replay, it was NOT one second later. Nash was LUNGING at the ball. malone was swinging his elbows like he ALWAYS does, it's called clearing space.

I guess the NBA office was watching jonnyjack's play, which is why they gave him a suspension. There's a difference between accidental contact and "I just don't care if get hurt when you're near me", which is the style of play Karl Malone has always been. His track record speaks for itself.

DanTMWTMP

Lifer
Oct 7, 2001
Originally posted by: PlatinumGold

i know...i watched the game....nash ran into the elbow...it was totally unintentional...it's a shame malone can't play in his return to utah...

gluck

Oct 29, 2003
Thats what happens when you stick face at the Big Guy's elbow !!!
Haha !! Probably next time Nash will take care.:p

wyvrn

Lifer
Feb 15, 2000
Nash had to have his tooth wired to the one next to it. He has about a 50/50 chance of losing the tooth and needing a root canal.

Malone has always been a dirty player. That wasn't the worst pain I have seen him inflict, and it won't be the last.

manly

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
Originally posted by: DanTMWTMP

i know...i watched the game....nash ran into the elbow...it was totally unintentional...it's a shame malone can't play in his return to utah...
LMFAO Nash ran into the stationary elbow huh?

Pretty Cool

Jan 20, 2000
Actually, you can make a good case that Malone is one of the dirtiest players of all time. Both he and his Utah buddy Stockton had been throwing cheap shots at opponents for years. Those guys are smart though as they never do anything obvious. Everything is within the flow of the game and "accidental".

shimsham

Lifer
May 9, 2002
Originally posted by: yellowperil
Karl Malone love Christmas. Christmas is a time of year when there's snow on the ground, chestnuts roping on an open fire, Jack Off nipping at your nose. And that's what Karl Malone like, the holiday spirit. Santa Claus come down chimney, bring all sorts of toys for little girls and boys, big 'ol ham with the honey glaze. Mmmmmm, Karl Malone love that ham. Honey glaze, sweet and tangy, oh honey glaze make Karl Malone wish baby Jesus was born every month. And that's mouthwatering good stuff, but here's the most important thing about christmas time, giving out gift. It's better to give gift out that recieve gift out. And that's why Karl Malone like to put his big 'ol elbow in other player face. It's better to give gift elbow, than recieve gift elbow. You get that, better to give elbow. That's a good joke, that's funny. But that's what makes holiday season so great, good 'ol jokes. And that's Karl Malone's gift to you this holiday time, joke. Cause as they always say, laughter is the best Mexican. Have a happy christmas time and until next time, this here Karl Malone.

just what i was thinking.