Kansas governor signs bill banning Islamic law

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
Ya, ok
SA is Representative of Islam as the Rev Phelps is of Christians
But you know that

Now you are just lying. SA IS representative of Islam. Mecca and Medina are inside its borders. What you just said is the same as saying the Vatican is not representative of Catholicism.

You asked a question, I gave a truthful and correct answer. You do not have to like it, but to pretend it is not both truthful and correct is silly. Next time you do not actually want the answer, simply do not ask the question.

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
Now you are just lying. SA IS representative of Islam. Mecca and Medina are inside its borders. What you just said is the same as saying the Vatican is not representative of Catholicism.

The Vatican is representative of Catholicism, but it defiantly does not represent Christianity now does it.

Muslims all look towards Mecca, but they don't all follow Wahhabi Islam

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Jews are not trying to kill me either.

To potentially address Earls comment about the 2.1 billion Muslims, they aren't trying to kill you either and many of them that do have grievances unrelated to religion for which you might be committing terrorism if the situation was reversed.

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
Really?
All you have to do is look back a couple of posts.
Everytime it gets posted here, i'll send you a link

There's enough junk that virtually anything can be make from nothing. Perhaps my previous post is related to yours.

a777pilot

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2011
To potentially address Earls comment about the 2.1 billion Muslims, they aren't trying to kill you either and many of them that do have grievances unrelated to religion for which you might be committing terrorism if the situation was reversed.

Then you know nothing of the so called religion of islam.

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000
There are actually nations in the world in which the judiciary does not limit itself to looking at local precedent in formulating decisions. I believe that France is a country that uses such a system, examining recent decisions from around the world and potentially using them as a basis for their judgements. Maybe a proper legal scholar can enlighten us in this regard.

a777pilot

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2011
There are actually nations in the world in which the judiciary does not limit itself to looking at local precedent in formulating decisions. I believe that France is a country that uses such a system, examining recent decisions from around the world and potentially using them as a basis for their judgements. Maybe a proper legal scholar can enlighten us in this regard.

Why should I give a rats ass what or why France does anything?

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
Hey Earl, do you like riddles? I know I do. I have a few.

What does Winston Churchill, Kermit Roosevelt and British Petroleum have in common with Islam?
Nothing.

What does Mohammed Mossadegh who was deposed by the west then imprisioned for three years then die under house arrest have to do with Islam?
Nothing.

What do the farmans written by Donald Wilbur have to do with Islam?
Nothing.

What does the subsequent installation of the puppet Fazlollah Zahedi have to do with Islam?
Nothing.

What does putting the Shah back in power have to do with Islam?

Make a guess?

Last edited:

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
Hey Earl, do you like riddles? I know I do. I have a few.

What does Winston Churchill, Kermit Roosevelt and British Petroleum have in common with Islam?
Nothing.

What does Mohammed Mossadegh who was deposed by the west then imprisioned for three years then die under house arrest have to do with Islam?
Nothing.

What do the farmans written by Donald Wilbur have to do with Islam?
Nothing.

What does the subsequent installation of the puppet Fazlollah Zahedi have to do with Islam?
Nothing.

What does putting the Shah back in power have to do with Islam?

Make a guess?

I'm going skip a few back and forth posts and say money is god

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
And you say I know nothing about history. You funny!

Even though I did not say that, I agree with it.
As far as I know the first war was the Barbary War, which dealt with pirates?
But go ahead and educate me, that's what I'm here for

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
The Vatican is representative of Catholicism, but it defiantly does not represent Christianity now does it.

They claim to, but that is irrelevant to what I said. I very explicitly said Catholicism, which is the lion's share of Christianity. There are 1.1 Billion Roman Catholics and anoter half Billion Eastern Catholics. That is a lot of Catholics. There are only slightly over half a Billion Protestants.

Muslims all look towards Mecca, but they don't all follow Wahhabi Islam

Then you need to change your question. You need to ask about all the Muslims who never go to Mecca...in other words, all the Muslims who violate a direct command of Islam to visit Mecca at least once in their life (unless they are infirm, etc).

When you ask a generic question, do not be surprised when you get an answer that fits your question. If you want a specific answer, ask a specific question.

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
Damn, you are right. Who then did this nation fight it's first over seas war with in our early history? I need that info so I can learn.

I bet you got the riddles wrong.

In fact the West including the US has caused grievous harm not because of Islam but because of oil.

We intentionally made functional democracies impossible because of that very reason.

We've installed dictators to protect it.

We went to war with a nation that did us no harm on imagined reasons resulting in the deaths of hundreds of thousands.

I object to confabulations intended to protect our image and place all blame when a large portion of it lies at our feet and while you blame virtually all on Islam the truth is that the West is the proximal cause for what we see. Yes we put people in power who others you don't like deposed. These are the fruits of our labors, and if they are bitter we have no one to blame for planting the tree but ourselves. Don't even try to twist this saying this is a means of giving approval for terrorism. Hardly. I condemn it when they do it to us and when we terrorized them. That is the truth and if truth is not beauty that again is the fault of those responsible.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011

I agree, most of the Muslims are like most Christians - they are religious in name only...their religion is meaningless to them.

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
I agree, most of the Muslims are like most Christians - they are religious in name only...their religion is meaningless to them.

There is no doubt that, but there are those who see meaning in their religion without resorting to destruction.

Seems to me the vast majority of people whether religious or not want to live a peaceful existence. Circumstances and manipulative parties can change that, but as a rule I think most want to go about their business free from strife.

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
Even though I did not say that, I agree with it.
As far as I know the first war was the Barbary War, which dealt with pirates?
But go ahead and educate me, that's what I'm here for

Are you having a problem finding another source besides JihadWatch to show what you wanted?