News Kamala Harris calls it quit

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Without a Willie Brown to fuck and suck her way into the White House this was inevitable.

One libtard down, several more to go.

so you have credible evidence that she has slept her way into political power?

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
So big fund raisers now equal the DNC? Is English your first language because DNC actually means something and its not "wealthy donors".

I get the backed by "establishment" part but you failed to cite the part I was interested/concerned about and that was the part about the DNC favoring a particular candidate. As you know it was a claim made by Bernie supporters.

So I'll ask you again, this time with clarification, do you have a citation for your claim that the DNC was favoring Harris?
This is a game of semantics. The power brokers, influencers and donors are who influence the narrative, steer the media and decide which candidates get the spotlight.

The DNC is not one person. Like any political party, it is an aggregation of like minded individuals aligned to common goals. Some voices have more influence than others, as do sub-groups who are part of the broader coalition.

If you acknowledge the existence of a recognized “establishment” within the DNC, its not a stretch to criticize that establishment for anointing candidates with holy dollars.

sactoking

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2007
Can't say I'm sad to see her go. It always irritates me when people insist on mispronouncing their own names.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
This is a game of semantics. The power brokers, influencers and donors are who influence the narrative, steer the media and decide which candidates get the spotlight.

The DNC is not one person. Like any political party, it is an aggregation of like minded individuals aligned to common goals. Some voices have more influence than others, as do sub-groups who are part of the broader coalition.

If you acknowledge the existence of a recognized “establishment” within the DNC, its not a stretch to criticize that establishment for anointing candidates with holy dollars.

In this case semantics is important. Wealthy donors ≠ the DNC. Period. The DNC sets the rules, implying that the DNC favors particular candidates insinuates that the process of selecting a democrat presidential candidate is corrupt.

If you are going to levy that charge you better bring the evidence.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Adam Schiff handled himself, and those hearings, extremely well.

Yes he did. I would pick him as AG purely on merit and integrity. The right has formulated a false narrative of Schiff which would make it a somewhat divisive choice, but I couldn't care less what they think. The next POTUS should make appointments based on competence and integrity. Based on those criteria, I can't think of a better pick.

Harris seems like a highly competent prosecutor, but based on the fact I couldn't figure out what she believed in during the campaign, I'd rate her lower on the integrity scale.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
In this case semantics is important. Wealthy donors ≠ the DNC. Period. The DNC sets the rules, implying that the DNC favors particular candidates insinuates that the process of selecting a democrat presidential candidate is corrupt.

If you are going to levy that charge you better bring the evidence.
I am not levying the charge of corruption, but you have to question what’s driving the narrative that builds momentum behind certain candidates. It’s interesting, because there was at one time a sense that Beto and Harris were the candidates to beat...the post mortems on their declines will be studied, evaluated and evaluated again.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
I am not levying the charge of corruption, but you have to question what’s driving the narrative that builds momentum behind certain candidates. It’s interesting, because there was at one time a sense that Beto and Harris were the candidates to beat...the post mortems on their declines will be studied, evaluated and evaluated again.

What’s building the narrative is the same thing that drives most political narrative, money. In this case, big money donors. No one is disputing that. I’m specifically talking about the claims against the DNC.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000

Hey, at one point we thought Jeb Bush, Ted Cruz or Marco fucking Rubio might be President right now, but that didn’t happen either. Media speculation and punditry has never had any track record of success.

Now if your point is simply that both major parties are too easily influenced by the whims of mega-donors, elites, and billionaire candidates (not really corruption per se) I would wholeheartedly agree.

Reactions: Starbuck1975

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008

Pretty good commentary from a Canadian leftist youtube channel.

He brings up a point from a reporter Ryan Grimm(sic?) that Kamala dropped out in time to keep her name off the the CA primary ballot... can you imagine the news coverage if Kamala did not win the primary of CA? (or even placed not in the top 3 as according to some polling was not impossible) Kamala is shrewd I'll give her that.

There are people she could support as well who are still championing the moderate position (that lost in 2016 in the general) in the Democratic party the above video also goes into that. Kamala could still end up a VP pick or as some have suggested AG (her boss would have to reign in her worst impulses in that regard but... I guess?).

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007
Did anyone post the long article on the collapse of her campaign from the failing New York Times?

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
So big fund raisers now equal the DNC? Is English your first language because DNC actually means something and its not "wealthy donors".

I get the backed by "establishment" part but you failed to cite the part I was interested/concerned about and that was the part about the DNC favoring a particular candidate. As you know it was a claim made by Bernie supporters.

So I'll ask you again, this time with clarification, do you have a citation for your claim that the DNC was favoring Harris?

Bernie and the Bros. They're the ones who started the crybaby theories against the Democratic party and led credence to the idea that there's some party machine that conspires to make sure that candidates who barely pull 1 fucking percentage point in a poll of polls are somehow squeezed out of sight. Tulsi Gabbard - she's owed nothing.

The ongoing stream of exposés of her very questionable background has convinced her that her cover story is ultimately not going to work, she will eventually have to explain all her bullshit, and that's not happening. Her campaign cannot much longer survive all the investigative work by journalists like Christine Gralow. In retrospect, it seems terribly naïve that Gabbard thought her façade would hold up through the electoral year when it's already crumbling now.

The truth of the matter....She doesn't have anything at all to contribute besides attacks on other Democrats and making Republicans happy.

Reactions: Zorba and hal2kilo

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Bernie and the Bros. They're the ones who started the crybaby theories against the Democratic party and led credence to the idea that there's some party machine that conspires to make sure that candidates who barely pull 1 fucking percentage point in a poll of polls are somehow squeezed out of sight. Tulsi Gabbard - she's owed nothing.

The ongoing stream of exposés of her very questionable background has convinced her that her cover story is ultimately not going to work, she will eventually have to explain all her bullshit, and that's not happening. Her campaign cannot much longer survive all the investigative work by journalists like Christine Gralow. In retrospect, it seems terribly naïve that Gabbard thought her façade would hold up through the electoral year when it's already crumbling now.

The truth of the matter....She doesn't have anything at all to contribute besides attacks on other Democrats and making Republicans happy.

Guess which claim the poster I was responding to belongs to.

Reactions: hal2kilo

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008

If you can't see the implicit favoring if not explicit then there's no use... she was definitely one of the ones favored by the DNC besides Biden and Mayor Pete but hey keep on playing the game I guess.

Who do the Donors give to? What arm of the party does the DNC represent... it's certainly not outsider candidates at all.
You talk about Bernie and his bros... while you ignore that Bernie was one of the people who supported Sen. Warren to run in 2016 (he was often on the Thom Hartmann radio show on Friday's segment titled (Brunch with Bernie where he and Thom talked about progressive ideas on the political topics of the week for years until mid 2015-ish)
And there was also Draft Warren for 2016 movement which obviously failed to move her to run in 2016

Last edited:

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007
If you can't see the implicit favoring if not explicit then there's no use... she was definitely one of the ones favored by the DNC besides Biden and Mayor Pete but hey keep on playing the game I guess.

Yeah, it's obvious that the DNC supported candidates are/were Biden, Harris, and Beto. Buttigeg is a hasty plan B after Beto and Harris flamed out. He's just as odious, but does seem more politically skilled.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
Yeah, it's obvious that the DNC supported candidates are/were Biden, Harris, and Beto. Buttigeg is a hasty plan B after Beto and Harris flamed out. He's just as odious, but does seem more politically skilled.
If Biden is so supported by the DNC, why is he having trouble raising money? Where are all the big donors supporting him? At the current rate, he'll be out of money pretty soon after the primaries start, iirc.

Reactions: hal2kilo

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
If Biden is so supported by the DNC, why is he having trouble raising money? Where are all the big donors supporting him? At the current rate, he'll be out of money pretty soon after the primaries start, iirc.

Don’t ask questions because then their conspiracies will start falling apart.

Reactions: Zorba

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000

Who do the Donors give to? What arm of the party does the DNC represent... it's certainly not outsider candidates at all.
You talk about Bernie and his bros... while you ignore that Bernie was one of the people who supported Sen. Warren to run in 2016 (he was often on the Thom Hartmann radio show on Friday's segment titled (Brunch with Bernie where he and Thom talked about progressive ideas on the political topics of the week for years until mid 2015-ish)
And there was also Draft Warren for 2016 movement which obviously failed to move her to run in 2016

Like I thought, you’ve got nothing.

Bernie bro’s continue to be the equivalent of a trump supporter.

Reactions: Zorba and hal2kilo

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007

I have no idea. I would guess that it's a lack of confidence based on how he's run his campaign so far. Are you earnestly suggesting that the party establishment would not prefer Biden over Sanders or Warren?

Biden has double the superdelagate support of Sanders or Warren. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_2020_Democratic_Party_automatic_delegates

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002