News Kamala Harris calls it quit

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
What has she said that gave you the feeling she was sharp? Her speeches and debate performances definitely indicated quite the opposite...
I've seen her in several interviews. She's sharp . . . well spoken and coherent. By contrast Kristen Gillibrand came across as shallow and even phony, and Tulsi Gabbard as deeply untrustworthy.

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
good riddance whatever you may think of Rep. Gabbard she did the Democratic party a favor in the first debate... no true progressive would knowingly take a donation from that scumbag Mnuchin.

Reactions: cirrrocco

cirrrocco

Golden Member
Sep 7, 2004
top tier candidate has sunk.

pretty much when KH campaign ended

Interview with Anderson

Last edited:

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
Now that Kamala has dropped out, I will promote her to the other candidates for appointment to Attorney General.

I want to see Trump get 99 years in the electric chair, or appear on MSNBC Lockup for a whole season.

When we had previous conditions for Chief Executives facing criminal charges, there was an attitude of "live and let live" or "national reconciliation".

I say -- F*** THAT! There is no compromise between Common Sense and Crazy.

Trump has done the crimes for which he's being impeached; I submit that irrefutable evidence also exists in his tax filings for additional crimes.

I don't care about Steve King and his "trillion rounds of ammunition". I don't care about the Space Alien Trumpie Filth out in the Red-state Flyover shitholes.

I want Justice. Trump was a slap in the face for three years so far, and I didn't do a damn thing to deserve regular morning insults on the news. I'm a middle-of-the-road retiree. If the Nation is fine with Gay marriage, fine. If the Nation is fine with Universal Health Care, fine, too. I haven't got an agenda. But the Trump presidency has been a stab in the heart.

So my very Christian Message is this: "Happy Holidays to all Americans and Human Beings. Trumpie Filth and Space Aliens: Eat S***, Choke, Die and Burn in Hell by New Year's Day".

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
We have a lot of democratic candidates remaining in the race who will eventually have to quit as well. SO nothing of a surprise with Harris AND... others will follow.
Remember, in the end it comes down to just one.

PS. Enjoy your December. The last month of the year. Because the actual election in coming soon, in 2020, which starts in less than 30 days, and November 2020 which is less than 12 month away. Starting January 1st or the first business day in January all hell will break out. The race will go ballistic and the fighting will become the most nasty in American political history for any election cycle.
I predict that by the time October 2020 rolls around the "F" word will be a common daily word used by Donald Trump on air, used during his rallies, used with his meetings with the press, and the one word to be added to those Red F-ing MAGA hats.
This election will be the worst, so hide your kids.

Last edited:

evident

Lifer
Apr 5, 2005
she lost me when she attacked biden for stuff from the 70s. manufactured outrage at its worst

Reactions: Bitek

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Now that Kamala has dropped out, I will promote her to the other candidates for appointment to Attorney General.

I want to see Trump get 99 years in the electric chair, or appear on MSNBC Lockup for a whole season.

When we had previous conditions for Chief Executives facing criminal charges, there was an attitude of "live and let live" or "national reconciliation".

I say -- F*** THAT! There is no compromise between Common Sense and Crazy.

Trump has done the crimes for which he's being impeached; I submit that irrefutable evidence also exists in his tax filings for additional crimes.

I don't care about Steve King and his "trillion rounds of ammunition". I don't care about the Space Alien Trumpie Filth out in the Red-state Flyover shitholes.

I want Justice. Trump was a slap in the face for three years so far, and I didn't do a damn thing to deserve regular morning insults on the news. I'm a middle-of-the-road retiree. If the Nation is fine with Gay marriage, fine. If the Nation is fine with Universal Health Care, fine, too. I haven't got an agenda. But the Trump presidency has been a stab in the heart.

So my very Christian Message is this: "Happy Holidays to all Americans and Human Beings. Trumpie Filth and Space Aliens: Eat S***, Choke, Die and Burn in Hell by New Year's Day".

Lotta hate in one post. Please show us on the doll where Trump hurt you and made your life so miserable. You will be getting 4 more years; make the best of it and don't let the sun rise and set in your world by who is POTUS, Mmmmmkay?

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Lotta hate in one post. Please show us on the doll where Trump hurt you and made your life so miserable. You will be getting 4 more years; make the best of it and don't let the sun rise and set in your world by who is POTUS, Mmmmmkay?

For some people, country comes before personal benefits of federal policy. For some people the future consequences of federal policy is more important than any personal short term benefits of that same federal policy.

I’m sure we won’t find any posts from you criticizing Obama’s policies even though the same economy we have now was happening under Obama.

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
On another note Rep. Gabbard outlasted Kamala...

Now that is justice that is poetic AF.

it is nice to see some anti-establishment candidates outlasting the ones favored by the DNC.

_________

Reactions: Starbuck1975

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005

it is nice to see some anti-establishment candidates outlasting the ones favored by the DNC.

_________
that is not entirely true.....Gabbard never had a chance in hell......trust me!!

Nov 25, 2013

Why do you hate all the good things that your country supposedly stands for? How can you support a guy who pisses on your constitution and the rule of law multiple times every day. How? Seeing 'the libtards' getting upset is worth that much to you?

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
I want Schiff for AG.
Actually, there's something to be said for that.

I can imagine, even if off target, that a lot of people don't think strategically about our three-tiered system of government and elections. I'm not a Democrat because I have an agenda; I'm a Democrat because there is no other moral, practical and common-sense choice. None of the "third parties" will ever get enough votes, and the prior experience of their candidates sort of misses the mark a bit.

So, thinking strategically, I worry about empty Senate seats and empty seats in the lower House.

Harris will continue to do just fine as Senator. Maybe Schiff would be a good AG -- how would it be otherwise, with all of his prosecutorial and committee experience? But let's just see. Do we really think the Intel Committee's business will be finished in January 2021?

There are often too many cases of musical chairs in politics, or too many cases for my liking. In chess, you might want your Queen on the long diagonal with free rank and file.

Perhaps the problem with all this is the myth that people believe all their lives: "If I vote, I have a smorgasbord of choices. A little of this, a little of that, some ambrosia salad and some potato salad to go with the chimichangas."

No you don't. It's less about choice than it is about legitimizing the holding of office for a term. That way, the electorate can tell themselves they "got their two cents in".

That's how President A**-Master got elected. "I don't like my choices! I have a choice! I'm going to vote for the most disgusting white person ever on TV since the Berlin Games of 1936, because I don't like my choices, and Obama was a slap in the face to the Great White Race! In fact, I'm NOT going to vote at all, to 'make a statement' that I don't have any choices!"

Chuckleheads . . . .

Reactions: DarthKyrie

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000

_________

Favored by the DNC? I'm sure you can back that up with some citations, right?

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
Favored by the DNC? I'm sure you can back that up with some citations, right?

Harris got early support from 176 big Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama fundraisers, more than twice as many as the next 2020 candidate. By MAGGIE SEVERNS, ELENA SCHNEIDER and CHRISTOPHER CADELAGO 04/17/2019 05:59 PM EDT Updated 07/19/2019 03:00 PM EDT
Harris has already received donations from 176 people or couples who raised at least $100,000, and sometimes many multiples of that, for Hillary Clinton in 2016 or at least $50,000 for Barack Obama in 2012...
And yes since in 2016 Hillary's ally DWS was head of the DNC and Hillary donors gave quite a lot of money to Kamala it can be inferred that the DNC favored Kamala... of course you may want to argue differently just because I suppose.

Teslas and Maseratis lined the street as Kamala Harris greeted guests sipping drinks from plastic cups with her name on them and eating cinnamon sugar donuts from Dreesen’s at a fund-raiser hosted by movie executive Jamie Patricof and his wife Kelly as the summer of Democratic fund-raisers rolled on in East Hampton.

So either you haven't been paying any attention at all to politics and as such no one should pay attention to your opinions about the subject or...

You of course knew this.... and likely only asked for any citations to just for fun... but hey you do you.

*e2a*

I'll be celebrating with my alcoholic beverages of choice in celebration of Kamala "is a Kop" Harris dropping out but hey maybe insensible can hope that someone will be foolish enough choose her as VP....

As to why I am happily celebrating this moment

a list of people who have received donations from Steve Mnuchin for their campaigns... yes she's on it. As far as I am concerned Mnuchin deserves to be referred to using terms that would make this post NSFW.

Last edited:

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
that is not entirely true.....Gabbard never had a chance in hell......trust me!!

Oh I don't expect that she'll get the nomination at all It is enough that Tulsi kneecapped a self described "Top Tier" candidate... she did everyone who opposes Trump a favor by figuratively curb-stomping Kamala's campaign even if many just do not realize or appreciate that fact currently.

Last edited:

IJTSSG

Golden Member
Aug 12, 2014
Without a Willie Brown to fuck and suck her way into the White House this was inevitable.

One libtard down, several more to go.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Harris got early support from 176 big Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama fundraisers, more than twice as many as the next 2020 candidate. By MAGGIE SEVERNS, ELENA SCHNEIDER and CHRISTOPHER CADELAGO 04/17/2019 05:59 PM EDT Updated 07/19/2019 03:00 PM EDT

And yes since in 2016 Hillary's ally DWS was head of the DNC and Hillary donors gave quite a lot of money to Kamala it can be inferred that the DNC favored Kamala... of course you may want to argue differently just because I suppose.

Teslas and Maseratis lined the street as Kamala Harris greeted guests sipping drinks from plastic cups with her name on them and eating cinnamon sugar donuts from Dreesen’s at a fund-raiser hosted by movie executive Jamie Patricof and his wife Kelly as the summer of Democratic fund-raisers rolled on in East Hampton.

So either you haven't been paying any attention at all to politics and as such no one should pay attention to your opinions about the subject or...

You of course knew this.... and likely only asked for any citations to just for fun... but hey you do you.

*e2a*

I'll be celebrating with my alcoholic beverages of choice in celebration of Kamala "is a Kop" Harris dropping out but hey maybe insensible can hope that someone will be foolish enough choose her as VP....

As to why I am happily celebrating this moment

a list of people who have received donations from Steve Mnuchin for their campaigns... yes she's on it. As far as I am concerned Mnuchin deserves to be referred to using terms that would make this post NSFW.

So big fund raisers now equal the DNC? Is English your first language because DNC actually means something and its not "wealthy donors".

I get the backed by "establishment" part but you failed to cite the part I was interested/concerned about and that was the part about the DNC favoring a particular candidate. As you know it was a claim made by Bernie supporters.

So I'll ask you again, this time with clarification, do you have a citation for your claim that the DNC was favoring Harris?