Kaepernick or Trump: Who was more disrespecting of the troops and America?

Who showed more disrespect for America and The Troops?

• Trump

Votes: 43 97.7%
  • Kaepernick

Votes: 1 2.3%

• Total voters

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
President Donald Trump began criticizing football player, Colin Kaepernick, over his refusal to stand for the National Anthem before the start of a game. Saying things, such as: “Wouldn’t you love to see one of these NFL owners, when somebody disrespects our flag, to say, ‘Get that son of a bitch off the field right now. Out! He’s fired. He’s fired!’” and “If a player wants the privilege of making millions of dollars in the NFL or other leagues, he or she should not be allowed to disrespect our Great American Flag (or Country) and should stand for the National Anthem. If not, YOU’RE FIRED. Find something else to do!”

And the fan protest began against the NFL and Kaepernick for his “disrespecting” America, The Flag, and The Troops. Over his quiet protest of the treatment of people of color in this country.

colin-kaepernick-grievance.jpg

Which brings us to today: President Trump was to visit, during his stay in France, at the Aisne-Marne American Cemetery to honor Americans killed in World War I. But it was raining and he didn't make the visit. Womp-womp.

Then on Monday after Veterans Day, President Trump refused to visit Arlington National Cemetery to show respect for those who served and died for America. Because he had phone calls to make. Lots of phone calls.

15-trump.w600.h315.2x.jpg

So, the question is: Who was more disrespecting of the troops and America?

Lol.

Last edited:

BlueWeasel

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
Our national anthem doesn't belong only to the military and police, it belongs to all of us. Years ago, we just all stood and saluted a big flag in the endzone. Now, the NFL uses the military for profit and public relations.

I certainly appreciate in the world for the military and those who have served. But I don't see what Kaepernick did as disrespect. Trump's actions, tantrums, and lies are way more disrespectful to the country than one guy kneeling at a football game.

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2013
Only one of those two has disrespected "America and the troops".

Hint, it ain't the guy with the fuzzy hair and tats.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Again, the problem we're facing here is that Trump is behaving as the totalitarian Trump would have it and not as a competent, conscientious, compassionate and caring president would.

King Joffrey got noth'in on Trump.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Slow will be here soon to place his zombie vote just to prevent a shutout.

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
President Donald Trump began criticizing football player, Colin Kaepernick, over his refusal to stand for the National Anthem before the start of a game. Saying things, such as: “Wouldn’t you love to see one of these NFL owners, when somebody disrespects our flag, to say, ‘Get that son of a bitch off the field right now. Out! He’s fired. He’s fired!’” and “If a player wants the privilege of making millions of dollars in the NFL or other leagues, he or she should not be allowed to disrespect our Great American Flag (or Country) and should stand for the National Anthem. If not, YOU’RE FIRED. Find something else to do!”

And the fan protest began against the NFL and Kaepernick for his “disrespecting” America, The Flag, and The Troops. Over his quiet protest of the treatment of people of color in this country.

View attachment 549

Which brings us to today: President Trump was to visit, during his stay in France, at the Aisne-Marne American Cemetery to honor Americans killed in World War I. But it was raining and he didn't make the visit. Womp-womp.

Then on Monday after Veterans Day, President Trump refused to visit Arlington National Cemetery to show respect for those who served and died for America. Because he had phone calls to make. Lots of phone calls.

View attachment 550

So, the question is: Who was more disrespecting of the troops and America?

Lol.

I don’t think this is fair to Trump. He did lose his umbrella after all!

1846C534-35E3-4C81-B25A-D25A0CC0995B.gif

:D

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
What fascinates me still is that the US was founded on dissent and questioning authority in the name of doing what's right, and yet people continue to blast Kaepernick for doing just that. Mind you, in many ways their objection isn't his protest, it's who's protesting and why.

And I always get a kick out of the people who say that the pre-game anthem isn't the "right place" to protest. But these are also the people who would also object to street protests because they'd be too disruptive, or would deride Kap for being a figurehead if he only spoke at formal rallies. It's almost as if what they really want is for these uppity black people to be quiet...

Reactions: sandorski

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
What fascinates me still is that the US was founded on dissent and questioning authority in the name of doing what's right, and yet people continue to blast Kaepernick for doing just that. Mind you, in many ways their objection isn't his protest, it's who's protesting and why.

And I always get a kick out of the people who say that the pre-game anthem isn't the "right place" to protest. But these are also the people who would also object to street protests because they'd be too disruptive, or would deride Kap for being a figurehead if he only spoke at formal rallies. It's almost as if what they really want is for these uppity black people to be quiet...
It's not just black people. They want everyone who says things that they don't want to be quiet. Because free speech.

Feb 16, 2005
lol, how is this even a question?
The president, who is the commander in chief of the military has successfully avoided visiting any military bases for 2 years of his presidency vs a football player, who by all measures, is actually very patriotic in his protesting.
yet the trump-humpers will find trump to be magnificent in his cowardly, selfish behavior and Kaepernick to be a hostile enemy.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
Do we even have to guess the one outlier vote??
I'm gonna guess a certain NotSpeedyArachnid.

Also, adding to the disrespect, Trump's attacks on a Navy Seal who lead the raid that got Bin Laden.
His attacks on McCain. His attacks on a Gold Star family. His comments attacking those suffering from PTSD. Um ... I'm sure there's more I'm not thinking of.