K60 Corsair wrist rest for K70?

Nov 26, 2005
I was trying to fix my K60 keyboard and it didn't go so well. I like the wrist rest the K60 has. Does the K70 have the ability to use the wrist rest from the K60?

And if anyone is selling a brand new NIB K60 I'd be interested in purchasing it.

EDIT: also. I'm using my MS Natural KB in place for the time being and I went to check it out in Device Manager. Under IRQ it's listed as ISA. Is that normal for a PS2 adapter?

Last edited:

mnewsham

Lifer
Oct 2, 2010
As far as I know the K70 CAN use the small FPS wrist rest that comes with the K60. Though I don't have a problem using the regular full length wrist rest with my K70.

Nov 26, 2005
As far as I know the K70 CAN use the small FPS wrist rest that comes with the K60. Though I don't have a problem using the regular full length wrist rest with my K70.

It has those two cut outs on the under part of the left hand side? *please say yes*

mnewsham

Lifer
Oct 2, 2010
It has those two cut outs on the under part of the left hand side? *please say yes*

At least on the K70 RGB, yup, two on the left, one on the right. It fits both the full size K70 wrist rest and the FPS wrist rest. (though obviously not at the same time)

Nov 26, 2005
At least on the K70 RGB, yup, two on the left, one on the right. It fits both the full size K70 wrist rest and the FPS wrist rest. (though obviously not at the same time)

Interesting! Thanks for the help/reply :)

While being without my K60, I still have a spare NIB k60, I'm looking for a backup Gaming Mechanical keyboard, and while doing so I'm back to my old MS Natural PS2 adapter keyboard. I tried the PS2 adapter with my K60 and it didn't boot/work. Lately I've been breezing around the net looking at Cherry MX Red keyboards and came across the old version of the Rosewill RK900RE. It uses the straight angle mini USB port to either USB or PS2. I'm wondering if the mini USB to PS2 port still goes by the same working function as the standard PS2 port based off interrupt signals?

mnewsham

Lifer
Oct 2, 2010
Interesting! Thanks for the help/reply :)

While being without my K60, I still have a spare NIB k60, I'm looking for a backup Gaming Mechanical keyboard, and while doing so I'm back to my old MS Natural PS2 adapter keyboard. I tried the PS2 adapter with my K60 and it didn't boot/work. Lately I've been breezing around the net looking at Cherry MX Red keyboards and came across the old version of the Rosewill RK900RE. It uses the straight angle mini USB port to either USB or PS2. I'm wondering if the mini USB to PS2 port still goes by the same working function as the standard PS2 port based off interrupt signals?

Not too sure, but I know for those in the mechanical keyboard cult, they tend to go with http://www.mimic-cables.com/collections/hard-parts/products/custom-ps-2-cable for their PS2 cables.

Custom cables are expensive though.

mnewsham

Lifer
Oct 2, 2010
How do you like your K70? I love the silver brushed aluminum and raised keys with the Corsair series mech keyboards

Fantastic keyboard, the K60/K70/K95 are all pretty solid, I am using Cherry MX reds in mine as I enjoy typing on reds and I play a lot of counter strike so lighter switches like the reds are less fatiguing over many hours of gaming.

I have the RGB version which has the RGB LEDS. Up until recently it was still fairly buggy with the software, holding down the capslock key for more than a moment for example would cause the lights on the keyboard to freeze up. Launching Steam on some computers would also require the keyboard be reset.

However a recent firmware update and software update have brought this up to where I feel it should have been at launch. They added support for 16.8M colours, however any animation during 16.8M colour mode causes flickering in the lights, so I keep mine in 512 colour mode since I dont need 10000+ shades of lilac. It comes pre-set for several lighting effects, from simple to reactive typing modes that light up each key press.

TLDR

Really solid keyboard, 8/10 would recommend. However, if the per key RGB LED lighting isn't your thing, its still a very solid keyboard besides.

mnewsham

Lifer
Oct 2, 2010
I'm in favor of the silver aluminum casing
The K65 has a grey/silver aluminium casing, doesn't it?
The K65 RGB has a black aluminium casing, but the nonRGB version doesn't.

The only difference to the K60 is the lack of numpad, and no volume wheel thingy.

Edit: it appears the K65 non-RGB version does NOT support wrist rests... however the K65 RGB version does....wtf corsiar.

2014-06-15-11.47.11.jpg

I think it would annoy my eyes in the dark

3 different lighting levels, and with 16.8M colour mode you can set pretty much any shade you can think of and then some, so you can have a night-time profile that has darker colours for the keys, as well as lower intensity on the lights in general from the 3 light levels.

I really enjoy being able to set per key custom colours, fantastic for playing ARPGs or MMOs where you use lots of hotkeys, you can just colour code everything and in dark/night settings you can easily see where everything is.

Its not for everyone, but for me anyway, its fantastic and I really like it.

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2005
The K65 has a grey/silver aluminium casing, doesn't it?
The K65 RGB has a black aluminium casing, but the nonRGB version doesn't.

The only difference to the K60 is the lack of numpad, and no volume wheel thingy.

Edit: it appears the K65 non-RGB version does NOT support wrist rests... however the K65 RGB version does....wtf corsiar.

2014-06-15-11.47.11.jpg

3 different lighting levels, and with 16.8M colour mode you can set pretty much any shade you can think of and then some, so you can have a night-time profile that has darker colours for the keys, as well as lower intensity on the lights in general from the 3 light levels.

I really enjoy being able to set per key custom colours, fantastic for playing ARPGs or MMOs where you use lots of hotkeys, you can just colour code everything and in dark/night settings you can easily see where everything is.

Its not for everyone, but for me anyway, its fantastic and I really like it.

I use the keypad. It's great when doing bios stuff.

I've seen the K65. After getting use to the wrist rest and looking at the K65 I thought I'd like to keep the wrist rest if I could. I think I might be leaning towards a PS2 keyboard with Mechanical switches. I play alot of Unreal Tournament and the game is currently, as was the previous UT3, heavily CPU dependent. Sometime I would find myself dodging for no reason. It now makes sense how the dodging was effected by the processor & 1k polling rate. I would find myself dodging for no reason sometimes. Which theoretically would be lag from the input device, the USB polling keyboard. I haven't seen that experience since switching to this old PS2 keyboard. My dilema is the criteria I fell in love with. The raised keys, the silver aluminum casing, the Cherry MX Reds.. seems I can only retain just the Cherry MX Reds. While I would drop the other two things I favored I would continue with the Reds while adding the PS2 feature that I'm almost convinced would be a better move for me :hmm:

I've really loved these Corsair K60 boards.

btw, i just called about the last K60 I seen at Memory for Less, and it's listed incorrectly. It's out of stock. Looks like this will be my last go with a K60. I can still feel the pain from not buying enough of the mice I use to love, back in the day. Oh well, live moves on

Nov 26, 2005
Hmm. Seems as though the K65 also has a detachable USB mini port. Why doesn't Corsair make the rest of their boards like this!?! argh! haha And I see the RGB version supports the wrist rest you mentioned, thanks :)

mnewsham

Lifer
Oct 2, 2010
Why doesn't Corsair make the rest of their boards like this!?!

Seriously, I understand not including a wrist rest to keep costs down, but to not even include the proper mounting holes that are on all the other K series keyboards is just stupid, especailly since the K60 already had them.

One step forward...two steps back.

Nov 26, 2005
Seriously, I understand not including a wrist rest to keep costs down, but to not even include the proper mounting holes that are on all the other K series keyboards is just stupid, especailly since the K60 already had them.

One step forward...two steps back.

Yup! Anything to save a penny, sheesh