JW Middleton SETI User Of The Day again!

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
John got selected as SETI User of the day again today. Like he said in an E-mail to me this morning, what are the odds? He got an E-mail this time from the system and it should be archived. Last time I believe he was manually put in ( ;) ) and was not listed in the archives.

Congrats again John :D

Smoke

Distributed Computing Elite Member
Jan 3, 2001
Congratulations John and that is a very nice plug for Team AnandTech SETI. :)

Poof

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2000
Oh LOL!!! Second time's the charm? :D

Congrats JWM!!!!

(but don't get your head all swelled up and stuff... :p)

JWMiddleton

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2000
Well, this is really strange! My name was suggested to Dr. Anderson by Dave after my heart attack and I was UoD for 5/27/02. I noticed that I was not listed on the Previous Users of the Day page. You will notice that 5/27 is missing. :confused: Somehow I've actually been selected, but since I'm not on the list they missed the fact that I was a duplicate.

As Greg said it is "a nice plug for the TeAm!" :D

Poof

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2000
<<since I'm not on the list they missed the fact that I was a duplicate.>>

LOL. Like a duplicate WU. :p :D
(yes... I feel silly today... :D)

And agreed about it being yet another great P.R. opportunity for TA!

SandmanLogan5

Jul 11, 2002
How Do you guys do it? Over @ BBR, we are lucky to get maybe 1 S@H user of the day a year, and here you get the same person TWICE!! I'd be curious how you get/got Berkeley to 'manually' add him last time.....

:) Must be nice........:)

Congrats on the acheivement, it's quite an honor to be selected twice to be S@H User of the Day

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Hi Sandman,

It was a tragic, personal and patriotic turn of events that landed JWM as the SETI User of the Day for Memorial Day this year. I asked the SETI crew personally since John had just had a Heart attack and was recovering from quadruple bypass surgery. John also is a Veteran so they queued him in manually for a tribute to a recovering Veteran on Memorial Day.

Also on a personal note, John Middleton and Dr Anderson both did so much in my support during my ordeal I can never thank them enough as so many others did too. John saw that he lived very close by to me and went out of his way to meet Donna and I and now we are close friends with John and his wife. I have never met Dr Anderson yet but Donn and I hope to be able to meet him someday soon as we are slowly having the opportunity to meet many of those that helped in my support.