Justin Verlander No hitter

tyler811

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2002
Justin just pitched a no hitter with 12 strikeouts against the Brewers. This guy is something special. Rookie of the Year last year and now All-Star this year maybe even CY Young

Drakkon

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2001
just saw the higlights on ESPN....that 102mph fastball in the 9th was sick....anyone wiht that kinda arm in the 9th inning has gotta be on roids :p And wtf was up with all the damn seagulls on the field???

meltdown75

Lifer
Nov 17, 2004
Originally posted by: Drakkon
just saw the higlights on ESPN....that 102mph fastball in the 9th was sick....anyone wiht that kinda arm in the 9th inning has gotta be on roids :p And wtf was up with all the damn seagulls on the field???
lol sometimes I think Detroit / Windsor is the sh!thawk capital of the world.

chuckywang

Lifer
Jan 12, 2004
On the same day, Escobar struck out 14 in 6 innings. I really goes to show you how much luck is involved in a no-hitter.

tyler811

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2002
Originally posted by: Drakkon

Read in the paper today that the seagulls are going after millons of moths that have hatched and are attracted to the lights at the ball park.

Evidently the Brewers had the same problem and called in some people with labs (dogs) and hours before the game started they let dogs to chase after the seagulls. Well it must have worked for the Brewers because the grounds keeper for the Tigers called the grounds keeper for the Brewers. So the Tigers gounds keeper tried it before the game yesterday. They went so far as to put owl statues out but as you could tell it was not very successful.

Cuda1447

Lifer
Jul 26, 2002
Originally posted by: PinmasterJay
Thank you Verlander, since then the Brew Crew is 12-2!

way to raise a dead thread, I thought he freaking did it again. Then I looked at the date.