Justice Breyer will retire Thursday.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
OP is a bit behind. Let me introduce you to our new Justice.

Ketanji Brown Jackson

View attachment 63766
Scared me there. Yeah, I knew about Justice Jackson, but had forgotten. Whew! But that doesn't change the balance. I just finished my weekly radio show. I did a spiel about the awful 6 on the SCOTUS and then dedicated this song to them:

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Question is how do we get the SCOTUS to at least parity before they erode all our had won freedoms.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I actually just remebered Katanji as the pick..... but then again.... what if someone other than Breyer, lets says a Republican specifically, did a RBG before Breyer's retirement... you do realize that ketanji then replaces that person, and not Breyer :( If no new justice then was picked to replace Breyer ... well 2/6 (33%) would become 2/5 (40%).

giphy.gif

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Question is how do we get the SCOTUS to at least parity before they erode all our had won freedoms.
1. keep the house and pick up a couple seats senate, expand the court
2. like nr. 1 but impeachments
3. kinetic intervention

It doesnt really matter with prospects of losing house senate and 2024, you want to shut the shit show down you put the Rupert & Partners freak circus out of business.

Reactions: Muse

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
And he goes out with a bang... or whimper

Honestly, at the moment what I would cheer most is news that the SCOTUS had been blown to smithereens. The court putting handcuffs on the EPA is just OMG, what the fuck are they doinnnnnnnnnng?????

uclaLabrat

Diamond Member
Aug 2, 2007
Honestly, at the moment what I would cheer most is news that the SCOTUS had been blown to smithereens. The court putting handcuffs on the EPA is just OMG, what the fuck are they doinnnnnnnnnng?????
Obviously not a lawyer but the logic here is unfathomable..."the EPA doesnt have the authority to actually protect the environment, congress must do that."

Uhhh...didnt they already, when they CREATED THE FUCKING EPA?

JTsyo

Lifer
Nov 18, 2007
Obviously not a lawyer but the logic here is unfathomable..."the EPA doesnt have the authority to actually protect the environment, congress must do that."

The sad part is Congress won't be able to pass anything to go back to where we were as long as they need Manchin's vote.

Reactions: hal2kilo

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001

Don't forget that filthy commie tree-hugging hippie Nixon.

Reactions: uclaLabrat