Just When You Think You've Read It All (Almost)

Nov 17, 2019
COVID Patient Beat Hospital Roommate To Death With Oxygen Tank, Police Say

The man is accused of brutally attacking the 82-year-old man at Antelope Valley Hospital in Lancaster, California.

I don't really have any words to add here

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Being in the same room as someone that snores can be downright frustrating, but damn, that's taking it up a notch lol. I also snore myself so I always warn people when in a hotel or camping or whatever to feel free to throw something at me if I don't stop and if I wake I'll hopefully not start up again when I fall back asleep. Maybe I will need to specify that it should be something that is not going to bash my skull in. Maybe start with something like a pillow, not an oxygen tank. :p

When I lived at my parents my dad snored super loud and I would hear it through the wall and not be able to sleep. So I rigged a piezo electric alarm under his bed and ran wire all the way to my bed by tucking it under the baseboard from his room, down the hall, and to my room as our rooms were on same side. Had a battery pack with a button I would hit to do a quick burst of 100db+. Just enough to wake him but not enough that he gets to hear the sound.

At some point when my parents got the floors redone I had to go get rid of all that wiring since there was not really any way to tuck it in the baseboards anymore and that's when my secret was revealed. They thought it was hilarious. My dad kind of shook his head like "is it really that bad?" lol. So I rigged version 2.0 which was basically a hammer that hits the wall from my side. It did not work as well though.

My favourite though is the time I shot a pillow at him in middle of the night. I think it was before my contraption was setup. Since it was dark I did not notice my cat was sleeping on his chest and when the pillow landed it scared the shit out of her and she launched into the air like 4 feet up with her huge tail and rounded back. It was the most hilarious thing. The snoring stopped.