Just watched S.W.A.T. Verdict? Not...

BlamoHammer

Platinum Member
Sep 21, 2002
bad at all! Granted it was no filmmaking masterpiece but I was entertained and that's mostly what I look for from movies. Was it successful in theaters, or at least, successsful enough to spawn sequels? The movie certainly left enough room for one to come about if it was deemed to be a decent bet financially. Perhaps with some of the same actors and another director it could be an improvement?

fs5

Lifer
Jun 10, 2000
I didn't like it, still 6/10 for a 2nd rate action flick. I thought the plot was too scattered.

LSUfan

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2003
I think based on the original of this movie and the originals of others which had sequels, SWAT does deserve a sequel. I liked the movie. As with other movies that I liked it also has it's pros and cons. I give it a thumbs up.

BlamoHammer

Platinum Member
Sep 21, 2002
Originally posted by: fivespeed5
I didn't like it, still 6/10 for a 2nd rate action flick. I thought the plot was too scattered.

Agreed, the guys sister was this recurring thing that never got more than a few seconds screentime, Michelle Rodgriguez basically gives him a round trip ticket to her crotch and that went nowhere either. They spent a good chunk of the movie introducing the team members and how they came together and then the rest was just sorta...there. Hats why I thoguht that since the characters would all be recurring, maybe a sequel could spend more time establishing a good story to go along with the catchy theme music.

BlamoHammer

Platinum Member
Sep 21, 2002
Originally posted by: SweetSweetLeroyBrown
highly unlikely they could turn a jet around in such a small space

Heh, yeah I forgot about that one. Of course I think they held back a bit on the firepower of LA street gangs... ;)

BlamoHammer

Platinum Member
Sep 21, 2002
Roger Ebert says it's the next best cop film after Training Day....must be a very distant 2nd

Does he mean...ever? I enjoyed the movie but I wouldn't go that far.

LSUfan

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2003
Originally posted by: AngryPirate
Roger Ebert says it's the next best cop film after Training Day....must be a very distant 2nd

Does he mean...ever? I enjoyed the movie but I wouldn't go that far.

It depends on where he puts Training Day.

PowerMacG5

Diamond Member
Apr 14, 2002
It was fine for what it was. Too many people expect movies to be the best in general, but if you look at a movie for what it is supposed to be, then you can get a better impression.

SweetSweetLeroyBrown

Oct 16, 2003
dammit...my bad...Roger Ebert actually said this:

"The best cop film since Training Day."

Big Deal!!! What other cop movie has come out since Training Day?

cliftonite

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2001

What? Id take Leathal Weapon's 1-4 over swat anyday.

BuckNaked

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Magnum375
WORST MOVIE EVER!
not quite, but close... I find it hard to be entertained by a movie when I am rolling my eyes at the absolute stupidity of it all....

PoPPeR

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2002
my simple minded friends loved it.

I on the other hand, thought it was a horrible movie. The pr0n i'm watching right now has a better plot :)

LSUfan

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2003
Originally posted by: Magnum375
WORST MOVIE EVER!

Come on now. That statement is a little strong for just about everybody. I know every person I know who did not like this film could find many more that they would rather not see again over this.

Spike

Diamond Member
Aug 27, 2001
I thought it was decent for a mindless action movie. No real oscar material but solid entertainment.

-spike