Just watched Lawrence of Arabia.. uncle said it was a homosexual movie? true?

LordJezo

Banned
May 16, 2001

My friends and I just watched that movie and my uncle told me it was a gay movie and it had lots of homosexual undertones. Is that true? Did anyone else see that at all?

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
Yes. I'm pretty sure he was a homosexual. The prominent homosexual undertones that your uncle was referring to were probably when he was captured.

I wouldn't call it a "gay movie" though. :)

LordJezo

Banned
May 16, 2001
You mean when the German guy had him beaten? I still didn't see it. Can you explain that more?

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
lawrence was gay. or was it the actor. i don't remember

GalvanizedYankee

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2003
LordJezo, you have a homosexual agenda as most of your posts have that linkage somewhere in them.

The guy that rapes Lawrence is a Turk and if you missed that fact you better view it again.

Yes, the movie is based on a real historical person. Yes the movie titillates that he was gay.

Was he in fact homosexual? By recent investigation of family history and interviews, no, most likely not.

Does it really matter what his sexuality was, no, most likely not.

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
I think it was a Turkish officer... he seemed to be making sexual advances on Lawrence, even touched his face I think. Lawrence punched him. It's implied that he was then raped. I'm not sure if I was right about Lawrence being homosexual, I either read that somewhere or got that impression from the movie (haven't seen it in a while).

LordJezo

Banned
May 16, 2001
Originally posted by: mugs
I think it was a Turkish officer... he seemed to be making sexual advances on Lawrence, even touched his face I think. Lawrence punched him. It's implied that he was then raped. I'm not sure if I was right about Lawrence being homosexual, I either read that somewhere or got that impression from the movie (haven't seen it in a while).

Maybe I need to watch it again.. I really didn't see any rape scenes... I just saw him being beaten by a German.

Odd..

Aug 14, 2001
I remember one of my teachers in High School saying that Lawrence of Arabia was a crossdresser or something and may have been homosexual.

Either way, Lawrence of Arabia is one of the best movies of all time. I absolutely love it.

GalvanizedYankee

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2003
Originally posted by: RabidMongoose
I remember one of my teachers in High School saying that Lawrence of Arabia was a crossdresser or something and may have been homosexual.

Either way, Lawrence of Arabia is one of the best movies of all time. I absolutely love it.

The notion of cross-dressing came from him preferring Arab garb but that did make better desert wear.

LordJ, get a clue or wear glasses. The interrogator was a Turk, better yet read a history book
rolleye.gif

HappyPuppy

Lifer
Apr 5, 2001
Hee, hee, it is amusing how the little pubescent ATOTers get all hot and bothered when a "homosexual" topic comes up. Makes ya wonder, eh? ;)

CanOWorms

Lifer
Jul 3, 2001
Originally posted by: HappyPuppy
Hee, hee, it is amusing how the little pubescent ATOTers get all hot and bothered when a "homosexual" topic comes up. Makes ya wonder, eh? ;)

No, not really.

wnied

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
A recent article in National Geographic reiterated that Lawrence was not gay. Though at the time the societal innuendo was such that they believed he was because of his relationship with the arabian boy. Lawrence was so taken aback by the Arabs and their ways that he fought to grasp their freedom from the same country he served. Once the turks were beaten, Britain had ideas as to what Arabia was worth to them, and turned around to rule it themselves rather than give it up completely to the Arabs. The truth is, that if he was, no one will really ever know.

~wnied~