Just watched Dumb & Dumberer

BillGates

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2001
Well, it was definitely dumb... and dumberer than the original. If that's what they were after, they definitely succeeded! I can't say that I'd recommend watching it.

amnesiac

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
I could have said that without seeing the movie. The choice to not use the original cast, well...

<grailkeeper> You have chosen..............poorly. </grailkeeper>

Wingznut

Elite Member
Dec 28, 1999
Originally posted by: amnesiac
I could have said that without seeing the movie. The choice to not use the original cast, well...

It's more than just the cast... Everyone behind the scenes, as well.

Buttzilla

Platinum Member
Oct 12, 2000
i'd want to watched this after a killer final...when i'm completely brain dead and in need of good toilet humor.

geckojohn

Diamond Member
Nov 28, 2000
Jim Carey shoulda been in it. It would have been a lot better with him and Jeff.

I can't believe that they even tried to find people the kinda look like him. I'm disgusted.

KeyserSoze

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 2000

Haha, excellent use of that quote. GREAT Movie.

KeyserSoze

HiTek21

Diamond Member
Jul 4, 2002
Originally posted by: geckojohn
Jim Carey shoulda been in it. It would have been a lot better with him and Jeff.

I can't believe that they even tried to find people the kinda look like him. I'm disgusted.

Thats the reason I don't want to see this movie

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000

Kenny

Platinum Member
Oct 12, 2002

omfg I knew there was something wrong when I was watching the trailer.

I thought Jim Carrey had a nose job and got scrawnier. I find out that he's not even in it after reading this thread.
Where have I been? :eek:

isekii

Lifer
Mar 16, 2001
Originally posted by: HiTek21

dman

Diamond Member
Nov 2, 1999
I might regret renting it one day, but, certainly won't see it in the theaters.

L

Lola

Originally posted by: isekii
Originally posted by: HiTek21

did anyone aactually see the guys that played them in real life??? the make-up job was incredable!!! (and i do think they look like them) Plus, I really dont think they could have used Jimm Carrey and Jeff Daniels because they are a bit old to be playing teenagers... sure makeup can do wonders, but it would have been really difficult to change a 30something into a 16 y/o.

ScottyB

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2002
I thought the movie was hilarious. I was cracking up the whole time. Sure it wasn't as good as the first but that was expected.

Raspewtin

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 1999
I'd feel sorry to be either one of these actors, miming other famous actors in a bad follow-up movie rarely leads to personal stardom.

CinderElmo

Jun 23, 2000
Originally posted by: Raspewtin
I'd feel sorry to be either one of these actors, miming other famous actors in a bad follow-up movie rarely leads to personal stardom.

Yep, you won't be seeing Jake Lloyd anytime soon. "Yippeeee"

I had no idea that wasn't them either. I thought they did the same thing they did in Ace Ventura where they gave Jim C an oily face and zits when he went up to get Dan Marino's autograph. Probably a 1.00 rental movie...but not full price.