Just watched Comedian on DVD last night (Jerry Seinfeld)

iamme

Lifer
Jul 21, 2001
I watched Comedian on DVD last night. it was pretty good.

Jerry Seinfeld reinvents himself as a standup comic in this documentary. he scraps all of his old routine and starts from scratch.

if you like Jerry Seinfeld or enjoy standup comedy, this might interest you.

anyone else see it?

iamme

Lifer
Jul 21, 2001
it's not a movie of his stand up. (if you want that, check out I'm Telling You For the Last Time

it's a documentary of Jerry Seinfeld coming up with a brand new routine and hitting the standup comedy scene again. it's an "inside" look at the life of a standup comic. you see him behind the scenes, talking about the profession with other comics like Chris Rock, Jay Leno, Gary Shandling, and Bill Cosby.

there are some extras on the DVD, like his standup routine from Letterman.

ChunkyChunks

Feb 3, 2004
I liked it.

Orney Adams was pretty cool too. I went to see him when he opened for Tracey Morgan at our local Improv... a very nice guy.

shenaniganz

Golden Member
Aug 20, 2003
I've seen it. But its not as good as the Seinfeld sitcom episodes on DVD will be when they come out.....

<crossing fingers>

ChunkyChunks

Feb 3, 2004
I liked it.

Orney Adams was pretty cool too. I went to see him when he opened for Tracey Morgan at our local Improv... a very nice guy.

dolph

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2001
i thought the trailer was the best part of the whole movie. it was ok, and i enjoyed it more as soon as i realized that it wasn't going to be a funny movie, but i still think it could have been done a lot better.

JediJorgie

Apr 15, 2003
Originally posted by: shenaniganz
I've seen it. But its not as good as the Seinfeld sitcom episodes on DVD will be when they come out.....

<crossing fingers>

Anyone know when they are being released?

iamme

Lifer
Jul 21, 2001
Originally posted by: JediJorgie
Originally posted by: shenaniganz

<crossing fingers>

Anyone know when they are being released?

last i read, there was some dissention among the cast regarding a DVD release. add that to the fact that Seinfeld is funning a few times a night in reruns, i think it may still be a while.