Just screwed my comp up with adaware?

Capone

Jan 28, 2004
A few hours ago I ran adaware because for a split second a program box flashed on my screen and then firefox opened a new tab to adultfriendfinder. Nothing came up but cookies and mru files. I deleted all of them. Now I can't access half of the webpages I've tried. I can't do a google search. It works for a minute in IE after a restart (google search and a few pages). Can't get them to load in FF at all though.

Also I installed camtasia that I got from a torrent. I scanned it with mcaffee and it came up clean though.

And also a java update.

Now, for some reason I also have no system restore points even though I have it set to max amount allowed. I've also tried reinstalling FF with no luck. Just over top the old install though, I didn't remove and reinstall. Any suggestions short of reformatting?

olds

Elite Member
Mar 3, 2000
God damn mother fucking AnandTech! Here we have a fucking tech forum and they don't even have a god damn category for tech questions!! :mad;

potato28

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2005
Originally posted by: oldsmoboat
God damn mother fucking AnandTech! Here we have a fucking tech forum and they don't even have a god damn category for tech questions!! :mad;

Yea, but OT is the only forum that matters to OP.

olds

Elite Member
Mar 3, 2000
Originally posted by: potato28

Yea, but OT is the only forum that matters to OP.

Or the rest of us.... ;)

Capone

Jan 28, 2004
Well I'm about to reformat and I didn't feel like waiting hours for an answer. Thanks though. Appreciate it.

olds

Elite Member
Mar 3, 2000
Originally posted by: Steve

Someone's been drinking! :D

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!
<Think the OP knows about winsock?>

Joemonkey

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2001
Originally posted by: moshquerade
Originally posted by: moshquerade

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!

Must be rum tonight.

yo ho ho
From one ho to another.. :beer:

Fifteen men on a dead man's chest
Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum.

16* BOOBS on a dental man's chest?

*sorry couldn't be an odd number, that'd just be weird

Joemonkey

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2001
Originally posted by: Joemonkey

16* BOOBS on a dental man's chest?

*sorry couldn't be an odd number, that'd just be weird

Got something against mutants?

no, thought the 3 boob chick from total recall was hot, and the 3 nippled chick from mallrats was also hot

I was just saying...