Just Sayin No To Obama/Biden, One Cupcake At A Time

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

PJABBER

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001
I'd love to see you say that my face, pussy.

Don't be so catty.

Catty-17513.jpg

Paul98

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2010
Most of the people supporting these republican positions are trolls. My guess is that they wanted to support the republicans, but found that they couldn't support any of their positions. So instead they just go around these threads trolling everyone.

PJABBER

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001
Yet another small businessman calls out Obama...

19290493_BG1.jpg

Broken Arrow Businessman Says President Obama Can Kiss His...

VIDEO ABC7 NEWS / Tulsa, OK

A sign in Broken Arrow is raising some eyebrows.

The sign is hanging next to Additive Systems, Inc. on Main Street in Broken Arrow.

It says "'We' built this business without gov't. help. Obama can kiss our a**."

It goes on to say, "I'm Bob Roggendorff and I approve this message."

While our crew was on scene, a man pulled over just to get a picture of it.

"I was just driving by, saw it, kind of stuck out, figured I might as well take a picture for myself," says John. "It's pro-American, anti-Obama."

woolfe9999

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2005
Most everyone around here has an opinion, but the issue that has folks really riled up is Obama's claim that entrepreneurs and small business people didn't build their businesses, the federal government did.

He never said any such thing. It's a lie, and you're a liar for repeating it.

That is all.

woolfe9999

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2005
Thank you for your bump and gratuitous insult.

I am pretty sure that your karmic wheel is spinning madly!

():)

You're welcome. However, the insult was far from gratuitous. It was, unfortunately, accurate. Gratuitous would imply that it had no purpose other than to insult, yet stating the truth is always its own purpose.

PJABBER

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001
Lake Oswego Biz Owner Gets Slapped for Anti Obama Sign

Ever since President Obama said to small business America that they "didn't do that" and "you didn't build that," Kevin "The Geek" Kerwin has been on the warpath at his Lake Oswego, Oregon computer fix it shop.

Kerwin came to Oregon to get a fresh start after being wiped out by Hurricane Katrina . He started his business with the money he had in his pocket.

Those Presidential words berating his hard work and sacrifice were the final straw. He put a sign in his window:

obama%2Bsign%2Bkevin%2Bthe%2Bgeek%2Bblog%2B1.jpg

Kevin "The Geek" got an interesting customer yesterday at his Lake Oswego based business. A Dunthorpe doyenne entered his store, began berating the businessman for his anti Obama sign, and when he insisted he wouldn't take it down, slapped him. He threatened to call the cops but she left and then shuffled across the street and lost herself in the stores and parking lot.

He didn't get a picture or see her vehicle and doesn't know her name so did not report her to police.

Here's what he sent me right after it happened,

Sent: Monday, August 6, 2012 2:54 PM

Subject: i was hit by a woman democrat today

Leftist "Tolerance"

A woman from Dunthorpe came in my shop today and got upset and hit me. things are getting a little tense around here.

Kevin J

Still trying to save the United States from idiots

Have you ever noticed that the "tolerant" left has no tolerance for conservatives? Yes, so have we. At the Multnomah County GOP headquarters a few years ago, a rock shattered the plate glass window, there's a sign stealer in Clark County (see him caught in the act here and here), there were cars keyed with Bush bumper stickers in Portland in 2004 and even my McPalin bumper sticker was stolen from my car in 2008. In all the years I've been on the air I've never heard a story about a Republican sign stealer or defacer.

Tolerance only works one way.

PJABBER

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001
The day after looks better than the day before...
Customers flock to Radford bakery that turned Biden away

The Roanoke Times

The line at a Radford bakery was out the door this afternoon following a TV news story that went viral in conservative circles after the business' co-owner on Wednesday declined a visit from Vice President Joe Biden because of President Barack Obama's comments about small business owners at a July speech in Roanoke.

By 1:30 p.m. Crumb & Get It Cookie Company on East Main Street had run out of dough but was still selling ice cream to customers.

Owner Chris McMurray said he was too busy helping customers today to talk about what happened with Biden's advance team, but he told WDBJ (Channel 7) reporter Orlando Salinas Wednesday that he politely turned down the offer to have the vice president make a stop at his 3-month-old bakery.

"Essentially I said no offense to your or the campaign, but I decline you guys coming in here," McMurray told the TV station.

His reason? "Very simply, 'You didn't build that' [Obama] speaking of small businesses and entrepreneurs all across the country," McMurray told WDBJ

Obama made the remark during his July appearance in downtown Roanoke. Republicans seized on the comment as an example of the president's disdain for small business; Obama and his Democratic Party defenders say he was speaking about public infrastructure and his comment has been taken out of context. At least three nonpartisan campaign fact-checking organizations have come to similar conclusions. Still, the political reaction was so strong that Obama filmed a TV commercial within days further explaining his support for small business.

The WDBJ story was a top item on several conservative blogs and websites this morning and the restaurant's Facebook page was inundated with positive comments from people across the country showing their support for his stand and asking if they could mail order cookies.

For instance, one Nila Grier from the Charlotte, N.C., area wrote: "Just read a GREAT story about your bakery!-- Thank you for standing up for Amercia and our small businesses! Y'ALL ROCK!!!"

Back in Radford, at least two patrons in the busy lunchtime line said they came out because of the story about Biden and the bakery.

Biden eventually stopped at River City Grill in Radford before heading to Virginia Tech for a planned campaign appearance.

Pr0d1gy

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2005
You're welcome. However, the insult was far from gratuitous. It was, unfortunately, accurate. Gratuitous would imply that it had no purpose other than to insult, yet stating the truth is always its own purpose.

Notice he didn't respond to this message because he didn't understand the logic behind it.

PJABBER

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001
Yes, publicity stunts work.

The owner of Crumb & Get It Cookie Company did not ask Biden's advance team to walk in and propose the photo op.

Nor did the owner ask the TV news crew that was trailing Biden's advance team to do the news story.

Owner Chris McMurray made a personal decision that could have cost him and his family lot of money. After all, another business down the street got the VP and crew's lunch money.

Don't you think that was a "gutsy" call?

Karma kicked in and, instead, he got a bountiful return.

Latest update is that he sold out of all his food by 1:15P today.

Kind of like Chik-Fil-A, isn't it?

Haters try to destroy and the rebound is the exact opposite effect PLUS massive coverage that exposes the haters AND the positive outpouring against the haters and for their targets.

Charles Kozierok

Elite Member
May 14, 2012
Don't you think that was a "gutsy" call?

Honestly? No. I think the guy knew he would get far more publicity and business from turning Biden away than from accepting his entourage.

I don't begrudge him doing it, mind you -- it was a smart move. But especially after the Chik-Fil-A thing, I believe this was a pretty easy call.

PJABBER

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001
Honestly? No. I think the guy knew he would get far more publicity and business from turning Biden away than from accepting his entourage.

I don't begrudge him doing it, mind you -- it was a smart move. But especially after the Chik-Fil-A thing, I believe this was a pretty easy call.

I don't know how he would expect that since the news crew was not there when he turned Biden's crew down. They went there after Biden's advance team told them that they had been turned down there first.

He did not put up any kind of sign or let anyone know, other than his wife after the fact.

No one outside of his family and maybe the owners of the other restaurant would have known if that news crew didn't report it.

Oh well, he is on the map now. Hope his cupcakes are tasty! :D

CitizenKain

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2000
Goes to show even complete morons can open a successful small business in America, provided they rely on government infrastructure to help them at least.

"What makes this story so special is that, after the Crumb and Get It owner turns down Biden and his entourage, the Secret Service dropped by, told the owner "Thanks for standing up and saying 'no'," and then they bought a whole bunch of cookies and cupcakes. This makes me smile. "
Another entry into shitthatdidnthappen.txt , or maybe that is rightwingwankdreams.txt

Last edited:

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
People here are actually defending Obama's statement that it is impossible to build a business without a government building roads and bridges? What did all those poor businessmen do before the roads and bridges were built? Businesses obviously did not exist back then...

Morons.