Just saw the prestige....

daniel1113

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2003
Originally posted by: BrokenVisage
good, but I give Illusionist the edge due to it's ending being much better then Prestige's.

Really? I was bored throughout the Illusionist, because the ending was very obvious. The Prestige at least kept my attention the entire time.

pulse8

Lifer
May 3, 2000
Originally posted by: daniel1113
Originally posted by: BrokenVisage
good, but I give Illusionist the edge due to it's ending being much better then Prestige's.

Really? I was bored throughout the Illusionist, because the ending was very obvious. The Prestige at least kept my attention the entire time.

Yup. The Illusionist was REALLY easy to figure out.

daniel1113

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2003
Originally posted by: hdeck
Originally posted by: z0mb13
I want that replication machine

Imagine what that thing could do!! :D:D

it's too bad the machine didn't work;)

I think you are wrong, but that is why the movie is entertaining. That point alone can be discussed for hours.

crownjules

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2005
Originally posted by: JEDI
Originally posted by: DanTMWTMP
Wolverine vs. Batman:
The Magic Battles.

Batman won

Of course he did, Batman ALWAYS wins.

I haven't seen The Prestige yet, but I wasn't all that impressed with The Illusionist. Things had a way of falling into place a little too perfectly in that movie to setup the ending. And it was very dry, one of Ed Norton's less than stellar performances.

Gagabiji

Golden Member
Oct 1, 2003
Originally posted by: z0mb13
I want that replication machine

Imagine what that thing could do!! :D:D

I'm thinking of my GF duplicated in bed with me right now...:D

Aaah, one can always dream.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
I liked it up until the part I knew the movie couldn't be taken seriously. I didn't realize it was a sci-fi movie before I watched it heh.

The Illusionist was better for the sheer fact it's a realistic movie that can be taken seriously, whereas this one can't.

redgtxdi

Diamond Member
Jun 23, 2004
Hmmmm............haven't seen either but intrigued enough to wanna watch 'em both back & post back w/ thread-ending reviews........:cool:

Anonemous

Diamond Member
May 19, 2003
I liked how the Wolverine knew the answer but just didn't want to believe it until he went all scifi to replicate the trick...