Just saw Shoot Em Up...

Hyperlite

Diamond Member
May 25, 2004
I wouldn't call it a must see, but if you want to have some fun, its worth the ticket price. Everyone walked out of that theater laughing hysterically. Absurd, bloody, outlandish, and oh so entertaining.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Agentbolt

Diamond Member
Jul 9, 2004
The day I watch an action movie shoot-em-up that stars Paul Giammati is the day I die.

Hyperlite

Diamond Member
May 25, 2004
Originally posted by: Agentbolt
The day I watch an action movie shoot-em-up that stars Paul Giammati is the day I die.

c'mon.....you're missing out.... :D

Laminator

Jan 31, 2007

You'll die, all right...of laughter!

Jun 4, 2005

Ever since I watched Lady in the Water, I fucking hate that guy. He was absolutely horrible in the Illusionist as well.

Gunslinger08

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001
Originally posted by: LoKe

Ever since I watched Lady in the Water, I fucking hate that guy. He was absolutely horrible in the Illusionist as well.

Honestly, I think Lady in the Water might be the worst movie I've ever seen. How the hell did anyone think it was a good idea to make that piece of shit?

Hyperlite

Diamond Member
May 25, 2004

I have to agree...in shoot em up there were several times when he seemed awkward in his character...but its easy to let slide as the next flood of senseless violence erupts.

Jun 4, 2005
Originally posted by: joshsquall

Honestly, I think Lady in the Water might be the worst movie I've ever seen. How the hell did anyone think it was a good idea to make that piece of shit?

The movie wasn't THAT bad at the beginning, but I turned it off when the kid started reading cereal boxes.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
Originally posted by: Hyperlite
I have to agree...in shoot em up there were several times when he seemed awkward in his character...but its easy to let slide as the next flood of senseless violence erupts.

I thought he was amusing though.. I mean he played the evil douche pretty well. Especially with that weird accent that he kept using that sounded like a homosexual Sherlock Holmes.

As I mentioned in the other thread, the best part was when Mr. Smith (Owens) freaks out on the guy driving like a douchebag. I felt so relieved when he did that as I tend to get pissed off at the same thing :p.

When I went to see it, there were only 5 people in the theater including myself. The other people must've thought that it was supposed to be a serious film as they were denying the awesomeness of the carrots.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
Originally posted by: Aikouka
Originally posted by: Hyperlite

I thought he was amusing though.. I mean he played the evil douche pretty well. Especially with that weird accent that he kept using that sounded like a homosexual Sherlock Holmes.

As I mentioned in the other thread, the best part was when Mr. Smith (Owens) freaks out on the guy driving like a douchebag. I felt so relieved when he did that as I tend to get pissed off at the same thing :p.

When I went to see it, there were only 5 people in the theater including myself. The other people must've thought that it was supposed to be a serious film as they were denying the awesomeness of the carrots.

so he had a british accent? :laugh:

DangerAardvark

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2004
I liked Lady in the Water all the way till the end. It actually drew me in.

Then I started thinking about it, and the more I thought about, the more I realized how fuckin' retarded it was.

andylawcc

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000

what? how was he bad in Illusionist?

anyways, I thoroughly enjoyed this movie.

yes, it is ABSOLUTE ridiculous, but also ridiculously funny and cool.

(almost like a B-movie)

the "Faulker Trucks and Tools" thing is absolutely genius

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001
I wasn't going to see this in the theater...but i think i will this week.

Dirigible

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2006
I saw it last night and it was awesome. An instant classic of American cinema. Again and again I thought, "Holy crap, that was the most ridiculous crazy action I've ever seen." Then two minutes later the movie would go even further over the top. Everyone in the theater was cracking up. Excellent.

dudeman007

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2004
I thought it was crappppppppp. My friends and I were the only ones in the theater and the 3 other people there walked out after 15 minutes. It was definitely ridiculous and humorous...but it was more of an embarrassing humor than a cool factor.

userman

Banned
Mar 7, 2005
I was laughing so hard when he delivered the baby in the middle of a shoot out.

Great Movie!

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
I'd like to see it, but after seeing Clive Owen in Children of Men, I have a built in defense mechanism that prevents me from seeing movies with him in them.

EvilYoda

Lifer
Apr 1, 2001
For being 43 years old, Monica Bellucci is still ridiculously good looking...the sex scene was hilarious.