Just restarted my UD Agent

Kenazo

Lifer
Sep 15, 2000
Wow, i'm in a whopping 249,098th place by points... oh well. I got 2 Athlonxp1600's I just brought online with the system, so hopefully I'll move forward a bit in the standings. Maybe i'll get it running on an old 466 i have kicking around yet too.

CyGoR

Platinum Member
Jun 23, 2001
What the.... I just typed a whole message, pressed the "reply" button and the only thing happened was that it cleared my screen! :Q
Well, I'll just shoot again ;)

Welcome back Kenazo!
With two of those nice systems you'll be in the top 100.000 very fast! I just crossed the 200.000 border in in little month with even less power you're having right now..
Tomorrow I'll update the Weekly stats for the Anandtech Team.. Don't know how long your producing, but you should be in it to. Also daily stats will be updated tomorrow.

I'm also having a Celeron 400Mhz working on UD and it does crank out some serious points! :)

Kenazo

Lifer
Sep 15, 2000
What kind of times should I be getting with a 1600xp? I've been running for about an hour and a half and i'm at 20%. Sound about right?

CyGoR

Platinum Member
Jun 23, 2001
I don't know if it sounds right.. :)
I'm running the program on my PIV 2.0Ghz and my longest was 34h for one wu.
Currently it's doing wu's in 7h or so. It totally depends on the research it's currently working on.
When you go to the "Application" tab on the program you can see the current project.
The "Current Protein" and the number of Ligands it needs to process makes a lot of difference.
I only have completed wu's which has 27 ligands to test in the last weeks.. But a few weeks ago there were 30 to be researched and it took about 15h more to complete..
But you get credit for the cpu time, not for the job your working on. So if you complete two "small" ones in 15h or one "big" one in 15h, you get almost the same credit.
Good luck!

Kenazo

Lifer
Sep 15, 2000
hmm. interesting... for some reason my main computer is researching small pox and my 2nd machine is doing a cancer one. I gues I can solve two of the worlds problems at once. :D

CyGoR

Platinum Member
Jun 23, 2001
Lol, you sure can!
When you go to your device page (link from the program) you can specify for each profile on which project the client will work.
Each project uses (sometimes) different resources. There are projects fully utilizing the internet connection, others use lot's of harddisk space etc.
But both the smallpox and Liganfit projects uses mostly raw cpu-power.
I specified the Liganfit project because it suited the best for my pc's. I use a dialin inet connection, so I need wu's which take long times to complete and uses small packets..

Kenazo

Lifer
Sep 15, 2000
woot! I jumped 24 places on your chart. :D this one for some reason the other one still lists me as inactive. Perhaps I re-started after you made the chart.

CyGoR

Platinum Member
Jun 23, 2001
Because the stats server only updates once a day, it's impossible that that caused the other pages to still show you as inactive.. I'm sorry I wont update the page anymore untill a few days, currently developing a new version for my new webspace. Just give it some time..

Kenazo

Lifer
Sep 15, 2000
i'm up to 85k points now... any news on when that stats page will be back up? It looks like i'm in 150th or so place on team AT now, and 69,000th place overall.. I'm moving up in the world. :D

CyGoR

Platinum Member
Jun 23, 2001
Hi again Kenazo..

I'm working my a$$ off here to get it back to work.. ;)
It will not take that long anymore..
And you'll just wait to see what superduper cool functions I'm going to implement!!!
Especially my sub-teams (battle between small teams concisting of members from all kinds of other teams, and of course the TeAm) will be great!

(I hope ofcourse, but need to make some advertising on the right pages...)

I'm right behind you with 62.000... but your going way to fast for me!