Just ran into the weirdest thing. Insufficient power message

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Modular

Diamond Member
Jul 1, 2005
we with ATi cards new get that message :D

All your base? :hmm:

Anyways, I had this issue once with a 6600gt. I replaced the PSU and I'm pretty sure I still got it a few times after that.

I think that it's most likely caused by general degredation of the silicon components. It could be a transistor is leaking a little more than usual, dropping the voltage to the cards "checkpoint" enough to set off the alarm.

Who knows? It's good that the BIOS flash took care of it for you. There's nothing more frustrating than having the hardware and not being able to use it!

dajeepster

Golden Member
Apr 15, 2001
All your base? :hmm:

Anyways, I had this issue once with a 6600gt. I replaced the PSU and I'm pretty sure I still got it a few times after that.

I think that it's most likely caused by general degredation of the silicon components. It could be a transistor is leaking a little more than usual, dropping the voltage to the cards "checkpoint" enough to set off the alarm.

Who knows? It's good that the BIOS flash took care of it for you. There's nothing more frustrating than having the hardware and not being able to use it!

it's a shame that i can only use my gtx280 as a display card and not a gaming/distributivecomputing card :(... i'm irked by it