Just quit my job after 9 years

Gravity

Diamond Member
Mar 21, 2003
So, I got two new bosses about six months ago and they didn't have a clue about what I did. I supervised 6 residential programs in Florida for juvenile offenders. They were being total asshats, asking me for time studies, my daily schedule and then started to question every decision I made.

So, after tons of heat, I bowed out. Now they are freakin out. I told my boss yesterday and he was speechless. "um...I um, well I thought, um, well, I....umm.....are you sure....Um, I mean...well, oh my god!! I thought things were going so well."

Ya, going well when you embarassed me in front of my employees, going well when you wanted to know how much time I spent in the bathroom each day, going well when you hired total losers over the applicants that I knew would be better suited.

He wanted to know what I was going to do for work. I told him I had accepted another positon. He wanted to know where, how much, etc. I said, well, that's not relevant. What's relevant is I'm giving you notice.

I'm done ranting. I used to love this job, now I have to do it for someone elese in good ol' louisiana.

Ranting over,

Gravity

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
Didn't you just post saying that you loved your job?

Anyway, I feel you. I had to go to meetings everyday to discuss my news story selections. They wanted me to do fluff and I said I wouldn't do it. They wanted me to read from the paper, and I wouldn't do it. Screw bosses that screw you.

Have a :beer: on me. :)

Siddhartha

Lifer
Oct 17, 1999
Too bad you could not wait until you found another job. It is easier to find a job when you are employed. But it is best to leave a job before you hate it so much they fire you.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Watch out, telling asshole bosses to shove their jobs up their ass can be habit forming!

Gravity

Diamond Member
Mar 21, 2003
Originally posted by: Chaotic42
Didn't you just post saying that you loved your job?

Anyway, I feel you. I had to go to meetings everyday to discuss my news story selections. They wanted me to do fluff and I said I wouldn't do it. They wanted me to read from the paper, and I wouldn't do it. Screw bosses that screw you.

Have a :beer: on me. :)

Yes, I did. I love the WORK. I love working with kids and helping them become productive members of society. I hate bureacracy bosses that don't know sh!t from shinola. (what's shinola anywaz?)

A very good buddy of mine works for the Florida Corrections (PO). He has stories of how messed up things are with the system in FL (im sure elsewhere too). Sry to hear this, atleast now you can make more money somewhere else.

kenshorin

Golden Member
Apr 14, 2001
Good for you! And considering they don't even know what you do its going to be that much harder for them to get someone to replace you.

CrackRabbit

Lifer
Mar 30, 2001
Good luck to you, and if your single, remember Bayou chicks are hot stuff :beer::D

CrackRabbit

Storm

Diamond Member
Nov 5, 1999
Originally posted by: kenshorin
Good for you! And considering they don't even know what you do its going to be that much harder for them to get someone to replace you.

Exactly they are going to be the ones getting heat because they have no idea whats going on and have made bad decisions.

Good luck finding a new job.