Just picked up two Linkin Park cds...

Wingznut

Elite Member
Dec 28, 1999
After hearing One Step Closer and Numb (which is absolutely brilliant), as well as a couple of other songs... I decided to pick up those two albums.

Much of it is rap, record scratching and all! I wanted rock, not rap. <Cartman> God Dammit! :| </Cartman>

Oh well... Maybe I can copy enough off of both albums to make one good one. *sigh*

fs5

Lifer
Jun 10, 2000
Actually I prefer the songs where Mike raps more than chester just screams. But to each his own.

RagingBITCH

Lifer
Sep 27, 2003
You probably got the Reanimation Remix CD. That kind of sucks - just remixes of Hybrid Theory. Meteroa (sp?) is a slightly diff style from H.T. - I honestly hate their new stuff - HT I could listen to the entire CD without ever wanting to skip over a song. Met. sadly I cannot.

AgaBoogaBoo

Lifer
Feb 16, 2003
They have some pretty good songs with other bad ones, gotta weed the bad ones out yourself, at least that's what I did.

flxnimprtmscl

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2003
Some of it is pretty good. It's like Salt and Vinegar potato chips though. I'm only down for it every now and then.

Pepsei

Lifer
Dec 14, 2001
I actually enjoy their stuff... considering that I don't usually listen to this type of music.

kalster

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2002
well if you thought Link Park was Rock, thatz problem no 1

they are a NU Metal / Rap band i guess, Rock and Linkin Park dont go in the same sentence EVAR

Actaeon

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2000
Other than the stupid DJ mixes, I think they are both pretty good CDs. There are a few I cannot stand on the CS (The Hindu/Indian sounding track on Meteora, #11 I think). They are absolutely horrid!

Keep listening to them, I'm sure you'll quickly get used to it, and realize how great it sounds. I must admit, I really don't like alot of the rapping songs, but some rapping ones, like Points of Authority and Papercut are just AWESOME. HT and Meteora are both awesome CDs, Reanimation wasn't that great. Listen to the CD a few more times, and I'll sure you'll change your judgment.

I used to be BIG fans of them, now I've moved on to different bands.

What kind of music do you like? Hardcore? Metal? Alternative? I might be able to point you to some awesome underrated bands.

Pepsei

Lifer
Dec 14, 2001
That's funny, what attracted me to their album was the Remix cd and then "all piano cd" ( dunno who released it).

RaynorWolfcastle

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001
Linkin Park kicks ass. I got floor tickets for their concert on Jan 23rd :D. Hybrid Theory and Meteora are awesomw albums, Reanimation is.. meh.

Jan 31, 2002
BTW, if you liked Numb and One Step Closer, listen to these:

Hybrid Theory
Papercut
By Myself
In The End

Meteora
Somewhere I Belong
Lying From You
Faint

- M4H

Wingznut

Elite Member
Dec 28, 1999
Originally posted by: kalster
You are 100% right... I was basing my expectations on Numb and One Step Closer. Both of them are fantastic tracks.

Can't say the same about most of the rest of the albums. They have their great moments, that's for sure. But I wasn't looking for rap. :(

RaynorWolfcastle

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: Wingznut
Originally posted by: kalster
You are 100% right... I was basing my expectations on Numb and One Step Closer. Both of them are fantastic tracks.

Can't say the same about most of the rest of the albums. They have their great moments, that's for sure. But I wasn't looking for rap. :(

Check out M4H's suggestions, those are some of the more guitar-centric tracks (I assume those are the ones you're after)

Regs

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
Linkin Park is in a class of its own, and I'll just leave it at that.

Edit:In-deed.

RagingBITCH

Lifer
Sep 27, 2003
Originally posted by: Regs
Linkin Park are in a class of its own, and I'll just leave it at that.

Are in the sentence above implies the noun is plural. Is should be used in place of are.