Just picked up the new System of a Down cd....

RadioHead84

Platinum Member
Jan 8, 2004
Originally posted by: Shawn
It ROCKS! If you like SOAD definitely get this cd.

hmm good to hear. I was in the store today picking up the new gorillaz CD(Which is also very good)and i saw the SOAD one. I knew it was coming out but was weary about picking it up before i heard mroe about it. I loved their first two albums and they rocked in concert, but i really did not like their third.

gistech1978

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2002
its pretty good.

its just really short, 40 some odd minutes.

radio/video or cigaro are the best tracks, imho.

Shawn

Lifer
Apr 20, 2003
Originally posted by: RadioHead84

hmm good to hear. I was in the store today picking up the new gorillaz CD(Which is also very good)and i saw the SOAD one. I knew it was coming out but was weary about picking it up before i heard mroe about it. I loved their first two albums and they rocked in concert, but i really did not like their third.

It's much better than their last one. But yea it is short. Supposidly they are comming out with another one in the next few months which is supposed to be the continuation of this one. :confused:

RadioHead84

Platinum Member
Jan 8, 2004

It's much better than their last one. But yea it is short. Supposidly they are comming out with another one in the next few months which is supposed to be the continuation of this one. :confused:

way to be cheap bastards

SWScorch

Diamond Member
May 13, 2001
it's not bad. BYOB is definitely the highlight of the album. Some of the lyrics are sophomoric and repetitive, but as a whole, I approve of it.

Kerouactivist

Diamond Member
Jul 12, 2001
I'm not really into system but, my best friend is....he liked the previous album more and wished they would have went off about the war more in the new album instead of bitching about hollywood a bunch....

Not my viewpoint I've only listened to a couple of tracks...not sure how I feel about them

thomsbrain

Lifer
Dec 4, 2001

way to be cheap bastards

understand that it takes tremendous swing with the record company for a band to put out a double CD. the last standard (non-live) rock and roll double album I can think of was Smashing Pumpkins' Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness, which was released 10 years ago! Not only that, but they met huge resistance from both the label and their producers when they pushed for it. even when it netted tremendous critical and financial success, it was considered a fluke or a lucky break, not proof that double albums are a viable maintream medium.

look at weezer. they are a seriously established band, with a core cult following, radio-ready songs, and sold-out tours. their third and fourth albums were intended to be released together, but not only were they not able to release the second disc until later, they actually had to blackmail their label to get the second disc out as soon as it was.

bands have depressingly little say in what of what they create actually reaches your ears or when.