Just picked up my pre-order.. UT2K4!! Official release thread.

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

DanTMWTMP

Lifer
Oct 7, 2001
mine shipped last week! when am i getting it!!! AAAHAGHGHJKASDF!!!

too many games to play, so little time, so many dvd's to watch, so little time, so much studying to do, so little time...

79Blazer

Golden Member
Nov 12, 2003
Originally posted by: CChaos
FYI anyone who ordered from Gamestop. I'm expecting my copy today via FedEx. According to the tracking info it went out late at night on the 15th. How are the new maps looking? I heard that the game itself is only 1 DVD and the other DVD is the tutorials. Is that true? If so, it's much better than installing from 3 CDs.

Anyway, I'm pretty much done with the ATOT server and I rarely keep the same nick for very long, so have fun with UT2004 all!

1. Maps are AWESOME.

2. Only the SE version is DVD, it also comes with a nice Logitech headphone/mic.

3. The other DVD has tutorials, and some nice behind-the-scene stuff.

CtK

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2001
i ordered from GameStop and should be here 2day but im stuck at work :(
think ill leave a little early :D

DeviousTrap

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2002
Anyway, I'm pretty much done with the ATOT server and I rarely keep the same nick for very long, so have fun with UT2004 all!

Hey.... whats wrong with the ATOT server? IIRC you donated a while ago ;)

Tom

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Does UTK4 work with UTK3 in any way for multi-player ?

I mean for example, if I host a LAN game with UTK3 can someone with UTK4 play in that game using UTK4?

The reason I ask is I bought UTK3 for $10, figuring I can get the $10 back using the rebate that comes with UTK4, so it's basically free. But I can't decide if I will get any use out of UTK3.

I thought if the above would work I could get some use from my UTK3 purchase, otherwise it's not worth the rebate hassle if I'm not going to get any good out of it.

79Blazer

Golden Member
Nov 12, 2003
Originally posted by: Dead Parrot Sketch
Does UTK4 work with UTK3 in any way for multi-player ?

I mean for example, if I host a LAN game with UTK3 can someone with UTK4 play in that game using UTK4?

The reason I ask is I bought UTK3 for $10, figuring I can get the $10 back using the rebate that comes with UTK4, so it's basically free. But I can't decide if I will get any use out of UTK3.

I thought if the above would work I could get some use from my UTK3 purchase, otherwise it's not worth the rebate hassle if I'm not going to get any good out of it.

No. The two clients ARE NOT compatable.

Dulanic

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2000
Ordered mine from EB, they shipped 2 days ago, I get it tommorow. Even their free shipping was still 3 day select. Plus get that $20 rebate.

Kaervak

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2001
Originally posted by: fermium
Originally posted by: Kaervak
SUPER TOILET! :D

OMG. WTF?

When you exit the vehicle, it flushes. :D

Start an Onslaught map, bring up the console and type summon Onslaughtfull.ONSgenericSD

As much as I'd like to take credit for this, the guys over at the Atari forums found it first.

Oct 19, 2000
Just got back from getting my SE copy from Best Buy here in Lexington, KY. They had about 15 copies of the SE version, plus a ton of regulars, so if anyone in the area wants the SE, BB is where to get it today.

I don't get home till 6pm tonight, but I'll definitely be playing tonight.

edro

Lifer
Apr 5, 2002
I got a call last night at like 7pm from an automated voice at Gamestop, saying that my copy of the SE DVD version should be in store Wednesday (today). I will stop by after work to see if it's there.

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
Originally posted by: blurredvision
Just got back from getting my SE copy from Best Buy here in Lexington, KY. They had about 15 copies of the SE version, plus a ton of regulars, so if anyone in the area wants the SE, BB is where to get it today.

I thought BB wasn't supposed to get it in until tomorrow. Can you/anyone confirm they already got them in ?

CChaos

Golden Member
Mar 4, 2003
Originally posted by: DeviousTrap

The server is fine, but I'm more of a DM/TDM player who dabbles in the other gametypes. I might be around now and then, but it will probably be rarely and under a different nick everytime.

DeviousTrap

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2002

The server is fine, but I'm more of a DM/TDM player who dabbles in the other gametypes. I might be around now and then, but it will probably be rarely and under a different nick everytime.

:(, I plan to switch game styles often and will have a schedule shortly. That way each person can play whatever they want.

79Blazer

Golden Member
Nov 12, 2003

:(, I plan to switch game styles often and will have a schedule shortly. That way each person can play whatever they want.

Did you update the client yet? I checked this morning and it was still running the demo client.

Abrasive

Golden Member
Aug 12, 2002
Just got mine and am installing the 5 gb game right now on work comp.....lol.

Yes I am a slacker.

Atlantean

Diamond Member
May 2, 2001
Hehe I got my unreal tournament 2004 special edition just now. It comes with a nice headset too... the logitech internet chat headset, not bad getting a $40 Canadian headset with a $50 game. I was just in class so excited to get home. Installing it now I am cannot wait to play it... unfortunately I have a paper to write that I left till the last minute. :frown: guess I will be up all night writing it and playing this :D

beatle

Diamond Member
Apr 2, 2001
Originally posted by: edro13
I got a call last night at like 7pm from an automated voice at Gamestop, saying that my copy of the SE DVD version should be in store Wednesday (today). I will stop by after work to see if it's there.

I got mine yesterday, in fact, from the Springfield, VA store. They had to pull it from the back, but they were in the store.

EngenZerO

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2001
omg, I love the redplanet level and the serence(?). level. its fun driving the leviathan.

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
So is Torlan exactly the same as we all know it (so well) ?

Oct 19, 2000
Originally posted by: rh71
Originally posted by: blurredvision

I thought BB wasn't supposed to get it in until tomorrow. Can you/anyone confirm they already got them in ?
I can confirm with a big "Hell Ya" that my local Best Buy has them in. The way BB works is that they put the absolute latest date that they would get them. UT2K4 shipped on the 15th, and BB knows it may take a couple of days for it get out to all stores. But, if your local BB gets them in, they'll put them on the shelves.

The easiest way to see if your local BB has them yet? Call them. That's what I did, and they told me they were put out this morning.