Just picked up my pre-order.. UT2K4!! Official release thread.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Kaervak

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2001
Originally posted by: rh71
Can anyone with the SE edition tell us what the headset is like? Did Logitech make a special version for this game or is it one that they're selling also separately ?

Basically I'd really like to know if it has a mute button (gonna use it for conf calls also)...

There's no model number or anything like that on it, but it does have a mute button and it's own volume control. It's labeled as Internet Chat Headset and the copyright on the manual states 2002 as the date.

SaturnX

Diamond Member
Jul 16, 2000
Originally posted by: Kaervak
Can anyone with the SE edition tell us what the headset is like? Did Logitech make a special version for this game or is it one that they're selling also separately ?

Basically I'd really like to know if it has a mute button (gonna use it for conf calls also)...

There's no model number or anything like that on it, but it does have a mute button and it's own volume control. It's labeled as Internet Chat Headset and the copyright on the manual states 2002 as the date.

Is it this one: Logitech: Internet Chat Headset?

--Mark

BigJ

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001
Originally posted by: SaturnX

--Mark

Yep except mine was blue.

Kaervak

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2001
Originally posted by: SaturnX

--Mark

That be it. Pretty comfortable too. Ears don't feel pinched or anything.

beatle

Diamond Member
Apr 2, 2001
I went home for lunch and installed it. :D The headset seems comfy and secure, but I don't think I'll use it, as all people will hear is "OMG YOU #%##ING #$%$ SUCKER!" and other colorful language. :p

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
Originally posted by: beatle
I went home for lunch and installed it. :D The headset seems comfy and secure, but I don't think I'll use it, as all people will hear is "OMG YOU #%##ING #$%$ SUCKER!" and other colorful language. :p
Let it out man... we'll be glad to hear it.

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
What do they want as proof that we bought UT2k3 also ? What are we sending back ? Is it a page in the manual as previously speculated ?

Kaervak

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2001
What do they want as proof that we bought UT2k3 also ? What are we sending back ? Is it a page in the manual as previously speculated ?

Front cover of the manual is what's needed.

79Blazer

Golden Member
Nov 12, 2003
Originally posted by: beatle
Let it out man... we'll be glad to hear it.

Oh, dun let me on the server with a mic. If you're religous, you'll be going to church on sunday and praying for me.

SaturnX

Diamond Member
Jul 16, 2000
Whoo.. talked to EB earlier today, my local store gets their pre-orders in tomorrow :D whoo!

--Mark

Kaervak

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2001
Originally posted by: Hubris
Fun with vehicles. :D

Text

Text

Text

Text

Someone's been watching the HALO jump video. :D

Have people seen the Leviathan? God damn that thing is scary as hell, when you have to face it.

Eh, this isn't the same. I'm using the lightweight vehicles mutator when I'm messing around. Not the game's natural physics. :)

79Blazer

Golden Member
Nov 12, 2003
Originally posted by: Hubris
Fun with vehicles. :D

Text

Text

Text

Text

Someone's been watching the HALO jump video. :D

Have people seen the Leviathan? God damn that thing is scary as hell, when you have to face it.

Haven't seen that yet. I just started playing SP mode though. I was looking at it in the instruction manual, and it looks nasty!

Modeps

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
I like the new dynamics they added with team management in single player mode, like paying to enter matches, hiring teammates, and treating injuries. It's so much better than UT2k3, and it basically only cost me $10!

Electrode

Diamond Member
May 4, 2001
According to UPS my copy will arrive tomorrow.

I think I paid too much for it but oh well, sh!t happens...

EDIT: Ordered it from gamestop. Paid $40 + ship, don't know of any rebates/coupons/etc...

Modeps

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
Originally posted by: Electrode
According to UPS my copy will arrive tomorrow.

I think I paid too much for it but oh well, sh!t happens...

Welp, if you ordered it from EBgames.com, you get a $20 online coupon for use with another game... plus if you own ut2k3 you get $10 back... So I basically only will be paying $10 :)

CChaos

Golden Member
Mar 4, 2003
FYI anyone who ordered from Gamestop. I'm expecting my copy today via FedEx. According to the tracking info it went out late at night on the 15th. How are the new maps looking? I heard that the game itself is only 1 DVD and the other DVD is the tutorials. Is that true? If so, it's much better than installing from 3 CDs.

Anyway, I'm pretty much done with the ATOT server and I rarely keep the same nick for very long, so have fun with UT2004 all!