Just ordered a new monitor: ASUS VW226T-TAA

twinrider1

Diamond Member
Sep 28, 2003
Ok, I've been using a buddy's backup monitor (20.1) and today I bit on a Newegg Shellshocker. ASUS VW226T-TAA for $130 to my door.
It appears to be a business/govt model and I couldn't find any reviews.
Anyone know if there's a equivalent consumer model that might have more reviews?

ASUS now covers postage and will cross ship a a new monitor for RMA warranty work. That tipped the scales for me. I hope I never need it but it's nice to know any warranty work should be pretty much hassle free. They're calling it ASUS Rapid Replacement Program.

Last edited:

kamikazekyle

Feb 23, 2007
I *think* the VW226TL-P is a similar retail model, though the TAA model seems to be sold pretty much anywhere. It's just some additional certifications the monitor passed for energy and government purchasing requirements.

I couldn't find any information on the panel manufacturer to make sure there was a 1:1 comparison on at least potential display quality. Though, going from specs and model number similarities, I would say the TL-P is close enough for consumer equivalent.

twinrider1

Diamond Member
Sep 28, 2003
Thanks. To update, the monitor is here and looks great. No dead pixels, no bleeding. 1680x1050. Not quite full 1080p, but it's fine for my purposes. And the UPS guy actually knocked and waited for me, to hand deliver. Happy camper.

Last edited:

wirednuts

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2007
i think if you looked a little harder you could have found a good 22" 1080p screen for the same price, but maybe 16:10 is what you wanted.... i just like the 16:9 screens for no other reason then its the same as my tv's and such.