Just like George W Bush...

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
... Obama is, for all intents and purposes, the antichrist.

If you're a Republican or usually vote for Republicans in general or Republican presidential candidates in particular, Obama is the antichrist and George W Bush is either a saint or, at the very least, not harmful to America.

If you're a Democrat or usually vote for Democrats in general or Democratic presidential candidates in particular, Obama is either a saint or, at the very least, not harmful to America and George W Bush is the antichrist.

That about sums up The Usual Suspects on these forums; the shills for both sides of the "debates" presented here.

The reality is that neither Bush nor Obama is as good or as bad as any of you believe. As is usually the case, the truth is far less interesting and sensational than a heavily biased lie.

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
... Obama is, for all intents and purposes, the antichrist.

If you're a Republican or usually vote for Republicans in general or Republican presidential candidates in particular, Obama is the antichrist and George W Bush is either a saint or, at the very least, not harmful to America.

If you're a Democrat or usually vote for Democrats in general or Democratic presidential candidates in particular, Obama is either a saint or, at the very least, not harmful to America and George W Bush is the antichrist.

That about sums up The Usual Suspects on these forums; the shills for both sides of the "debates" presented here.

The reality is that neither Bush nor Obama is as good or as bad as any of you believe. As is usually the case, the truth is far less interesting and sensational than a heavily biased lie.
Thanks for the short lecture. Have you ever explored why you have this need to tell us all how much more enlightened you are? :gag

Infohawk

Lifer
Jan 12, 2002
Human societies are pretty complicated. The idea that you can divide the possible political preferences into two or even three labels is ridiculous. So yeah, I am pretty suspicious of people that toe the party line. It makes it more likely that they're reasoning backwards from positions that they are simply conforming with.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
I think this is a thread with failed thesis, because its very hard to directly compare personalities when the conditions when GWB took office are not in any way comparable to the conditions when Obama took office.

And when the GOP makes it near impossible to change basic GWB economic policies post 2009, there is another joker in the deck. In Obama's first 2 yrs. we had a basically democratic dominated House and Senate, now we have a totally GOP dominated house in his second two years, neither congress has changed anything as we drift along with about 9% unemployment.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Anybody who knows the truth doesn't know anything unless, of course, they truth they know is that they don't know anything.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
I think Obama is a decent human being, I just dont like his politics.
Bush was a dumb evil asshole and I lost all faith in America when he was reelected.

gevorg

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2004
obamabush.jpg

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
Thanks for the short lecture.

You're welcome. Anytime.

Have you ever explored why you have this need to tell us all how much more enlightened you are? :gag

No more than you've explored why you have the need to be a Republican shill.

I'm glad I could make you gag, though... usually they're on their knees when that happens.

Last edited:

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
I think this is a thread with failed thesis, because its very hard to directly compare personalities when the conditions when GWB took office are not in any way comparable to the conditions when Obama took office.

And when the GOP makes it near impossible to change basic GWB economic policies post 2009, there is another joker in the deck. In Obama's first 2 yrs. we had a basically democratic dominated House and Senate, now we have a totally GOP dominated house in his second two years, neither congress has changed anything as we drift along with about 9% unemployment.

Conditions are never identical.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
When in doubt, make sure you call those who do not agree with you "republican shills"...THAT will teach em! durrrr

Last edited:

cwjerome

Diamond Member
Sep 30, 2004
Yep, just like Bush. Obama's anniversary celebration Bin Laden's death and being a real tough guy pretty much mimics that of Bush's carrier adventure and mission accomplished. Not only were their celebrations pointedly partisan, they were great shows on manliness. I am totally impressed with both displays of apolitical, modest, statesmanlike commemorations of military success.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
At least Bush landed in a jet fighter on an aircraft carrier...far more manly than standing in a room. :)

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
I don't see Bush as antichrist, I wouldn't mind going on a bike ride with him. But at the same time he has been an absolute disaster for this country. Obama has been very effective at cleaning up Bush's mess.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
I don't see Bush as antichrist, I wouldn't mind going on a bike ride with him. But at the same time he has been an absolute disaster for this country. Obama has been very effective at cleaning up Bush's mess.

I disagree with much of what you said. Bush was not a disaster, Obama has fixed nothing (and actually has continued to do what Bush did), and bike riding with Bush would be WAYYY too physically demanding. That man can RIDE!

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
Not trying to "teach" anyone anything.. just stating facts.

:D Sure sure, and it is a fact the US did not land on the moon and it is a fact the US government blew up the twin towers using super thermite.

You have strange "facts". If you look at them in the light of reality, they actually appear to be opinions.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Since it shrinks your balls sure.

Hmph...only my mother-in-law can do that. Well, and watching a Richard Simmons excersize commercial on TV. Other than that, I can beat anyone else to a pulp with the higher hanging one alone. The lower hanging one being heavier, I use it for bowling or practicing shot putts.:p

Last edited:

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
Hmph...only my mother-in-law can do that. Well, and watching a Richard Simmons excersize commercial on TV. Other than that, I can beat anyone else to a pulp with the higher hanging one alone. The lower hanging one being heavier, I use it for bowling or practicing shot putts.:p

I laughed!
+1