Just had the sherrifs dept out to my apt(edit, posted the whole story)

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
Yeah, the cops were being stupid (at least according to your story) and you were being a jackass. But only a moron goes out of his way to piss off the police. I know, I know, it makes you feel like a big man, and they probably deserved it, but that still makes it pretty stupid. They have guns, batons, badges and the trust of the courts. You were drunk and being obnoxious. Not exactly an even playing field.

Flyermax2k3

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2003
Originally posted by: Mill
Originally posted by: Flyermax2k3

You're a liar.

You're a fool. I hope you have fun bowing down to your Satanic masters of the New World Order, sheep.

Did you take too many drugs again last night?
rolleye.gif

Hey, whatever story you have to tell yourself so that you don't have to face the truth of the world we live in is fine by me. Just remember who warned you beforehand when the end comes.

Adul

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
danny.tangtam.com
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
Originally posted by: obiwaynekenobi
holy crap. You've got some Good sized gonads there.
No he's a stupid fsck. Getting arrested even if you didn't do anything is not fun. Sure they will drop the charges but meanwhile you spend the night in jail. On top of that the Cops could bring some trumped up charges against you like resisting arrest. SInce you were admittedly drunk your recollection of the incident would be in doubt if it went to trial where as the cops version would be more likely to be believed. Sure you could fight it and probably win but it would cost you time and the expense of a lawyer. I know this from experience as it happened to me ( yes I was being a stupid fsck just like Aaron was)

:Q

Flyermax2k3

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2003
Originally posted by: geno

You're a liar.

You're a fool. I hope you have fun bowing down to your Satanic masters of the New World Order, sheep.

wow, just wow.

Oh ye of little faith! Keep laughing while you can, you won't be when Judgment Day comes.

Francodman

Diamond Member
Dec 11, 1999
you are my hero :)

I'm actually thinking of studying more on law just for these situations giggles

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
What a sad police state we live in. Welcome to the New World Order folks!
Satan will eat your balls on judgement day

Originally posted by: Francodman
you are my hero :)

I'm actually thinking of studying more on law just for these situations giggles
How about studying more about law so that you can be an informed citizen of the United States, instead of trying to outsmart and outwit police officers?

geno

Lifer
Dec 26, 1999
Originally posted by: geno

You're a liar.

wow, just wow.

Oh ye of little faith! Keep laughing while you can, you won't be when Judgment Day comes.

Oooookay, this is the part where I just walk away.

CrazyDe1

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2001
That's awesome way to not take sh1t from the cops

Most people would have been scared sh1tless and done everything the cops wanted

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: CrazyDe1
That's awesome way to not take sh1t from the cops
What would have been more awesome is if he would have been thrown in the holding cell with some real dirt bags. He would have been crying for his mommy!

AaronB

Golden Member
Dec 25, 2002
What would have been more awesome is if he would have been thrown in the holding cell with some real dirt bags.

Yes, and what would have been funny after that was the suspension these guys would have been dealing with next week.

Red Dawn. I can understand you being somewhat biased against me. Heck, I didn't try to make my position seem flawless but what I don't understand is why you are apparently condoning the police treating someone like that. No amount of "smarta$$ attitude" from me or anyone else would justify threatening to falsely arrest someone. Badge or not, that is illegal and I am dead serious when I said I egged them on to arrest me. There were witnesses and I assure you, these guys would have regretted it more than I would.

Police can and do get in trouble for these things. Unfortunately too many people just go along with it because they are intimidated. If you feel it is necesary to bend over and take whatever is thrown at you because someone flashes a badge then fine. Thats not me.

I'm am not a large person but after going through USMC boot camp I don't intimidate very well. In this case I just happened to know exactly what I could get away with and it worked well.

AaronB

Golden Member
Dec 25, 2002
It just got even better.

Remember when I said one of them had gone into my apartment and did something I couldn't see?

Well my wallet is usually on the kitchen counter in plain sight. I just opened it to get a credit card out and my drivers license was missing. After a brief search I see it laying out on another area of the counter.

The bastard went through my wallet. :Q

Hmmm, I wonder how many of you will condone this. Now I'm really glad I was a d!ck.

loup garou

Lifer
Feb 17, 2000
Originally posted by: AaronB
It just got even better.

Remember when I said one of them had gone into my apartment and did something I couldn't see?

Well my wallet is usually on the kitchen counter in plain sight. I just opened it to get a credit card out and my drivers license was missing. After a brief search I see it laying out on another area of the counter.

The bastard went through my wallet. :Q

Hmmm, I wonder how many of you will condone this. Now I'm really glad I was a d!ck.
You are so full of sh1t.

shimsham

Lifer
May 9, 2002
most cops are cops because they love the power trip. a vast majority of applications are turned down due to the results of psychological exams that suggest they would abuse that power, so said my DUI counselor.

they also lie their a$$es off to get an arrest/conviction. this has been admitted to my best friend (a public defender) by a guy we both went to school with who became a cop. he sees it everyday, and even admitted to doing it himself once.

bottom line: 90% percent of cops are just a$$holes who get hard on the power trip. not a good thing when they have the badge, and jurys take cops word as gospel.

Murphyrulez

Golden Member
Mar 24, 2001
Good way to waste your tax dollars! Let's all do this, have the police come to our houses for no reason! I love throwing money away!

Cheers!

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
What cops do and what cops are supposed to do are two very different things. I always love the response 'but that's illegal, I would have refused and ran then called and gotten their badges taken away'
rolleye.gif

Especially when you have two officers to your one story....the odds are just against you from the start. Crying lawsuit is an often heard ruse....everyone knows perhaps 1 in a 100 are going to even start a suit....yet alone finish one. Also that future lawsuit isn't going to help you for the moment you are being 'investigated'.

If I know I screwed up, I will cooperate as much as doesn't get me in more trouble....if I am being harassed I will push it up to the limits the law allows. There are certain things cops are hoping, just praying, you will say or do that will legally allow them to bust your as$ up. A typical one is in a domestic dispute where the cop calls the gf up to get her side of the story, bf grabs to phone and starts yelling at the gf....when the bf grabbed the phone from the officer, chances are he just assaulted him....downtown for him.

No matter how much in your face a cop gets you need to keep hands away :)

Å

Flyermax2k3

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2003
Originally posted by: alkemyst
What cops do and what cops are supposed to do are two very different things. I always love the response 'but that's illegal, I would have refused and ran then called and gotten their badges taken away'
rolleye.gif

Especially when you have two officers to your one story....the odds are just against you from the start. Crying lawsuit is an often heard ruse....everyone knows perhaps 1 in a 100 are going to even start a suit....yet alone finish one. Also that future lawsuit isn't going to help you for the moment you are being 'investigated'.

If I know I screwed up, I will cooperate as much as doesn't get me in more trouble....if I am being harassed I will push it up to the limits the law allows. There are certain things cops are hoping, just praying, you will say or do that will legally allow them to bust your as$ up. A typical one is in a domestic dispute where the cop calls the gf up to get her side of the story, bf grabs to phone and starts yelling at the gf....when the bf grabbed the phone from the officer, chances are he just assaulted him....downtown for him.

No matter how much in your face a cop gets you need to keep hands away :)

Å

Interesting theory there... It would be nice to believe our police officers have the best interests of their fellow man at heart, but if you believe they do, I've got a bridge in Brooklyn I'd like to sell you ;)
The facts speak for themselves. The OP was *not* arrested so obviously the cops were in the wrong. Do you think a cop would just stand there and be antagonized by someone he knew he could intimidate and arrest? Of course not. If the cop knew he could have gotten away with arresting the OP he would have done it in a heartbeat. He didn't, so it's obvious the OP committed no arrestable offense.
I rest my case.