Just graduated college and looking for a job........

NTB

Diamond Member
Mar 26, 2001
Originally posted by: Triforceofcourage
I now know what everyone means when they say the job market sucks :thumbsdown:

Great. Just what I need. More competition :p (Been looking since late Feb. / early March)

Nate

gar3555

Diamond Member
Jan 8, 2005
I just got our alumni news letter, it said that 96% of 2005 grads had plans ie job or post grad education...and 70% were employed...not too shabby for a sh!tty job market

DAWeinG

Platinum Member
Aug 2, 2001
Originally posted by: gar3555
I just got our alumni news letter, it said that 96% of 2005 grads had plans ie job or post grad education...and 70% were employed...not too shabby for a sh!tty job market

Employed in something related to their fields/majors? Because earning minimum wage is also being employed :(

gar3555

Diamond Member
Jan 8, 2005
Originally posted by: DAWeinG
Originally posted by: gar3555

Employed in something related to their fields/majors? Because earning minimum wage is also being employed :(

couldn't tell you there...the article didn't ask what grads were making...

Zim Hosein

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Super Moderator
Nov 27, 1999
Originally posted by: Triforceofcourage
I now know what everyone means when they say the job market sucks :thumbsdown:

:Q

I thought you were in high school! :confused:

Good Luck Triforceofcourage :beer:

Gigantopithecus

Diamond Member
Dec 14, 2004
Keep a positive attitude. Two of my best friends from college looked for a loooooong time (one nine months, the other eleven months) before finally landing jobs. They both scored awesome jobs, eventually.

pkananen

Mar 13, 2003
I thought it was bad too, but I had three dev. job offers with a month left this past spring, bs in comp sci. And this was in MI none the less, worst unemployment in the country!

petejk

Apr 6, 2002
you think its hard now?

try getting a job when the .com days busted...

thats when i graducated =(

i'm doing good now

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000
New BSc in Comp Sci graduate here, working out of Toronto, Canada.

I'm up to my eyeballs in consultant work and have a fairly regular lineup of interviews to attend - no rush. Even though we are pretty much the go-to city for tech work in Canada, I doubt my opportunities are that much better than what you folks have down in the States. I trust you have a pretty decent resume to hand out?