Just got wireless in my apartment...w00t!

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
This is pretty sweet. I picked up the netgear WAP with router built in... The config options are pretty sweet. I set a 64 bit WEP key and locked down everythin so only my card can connect. (don't want people hacking on my line) :p The just makes my apartment complete. I have 8 ports in my bedroom, another 5 in the second bedroom, 8 ports in the living room, 2 routers, and a WAP. I just hope this doesn't overwhelm my poor DSL line. :D

WinkOsmosis

Banned
Sep 18, 2002
Originally posted by: Scarpozzi
This is pretty sweet. I picked up the netgear WAP with router built in... The config options are pretty sweet. I set a 64 bit WEP key and locked down everythin so only my card can connect. (don't want people hacking on my line) :p The just makes my apartment complete. I have 8 ports in my bedroom, another 5 in the second bedroom, 8 ports in the living room, 2 routers, and a WAP. I just hope this doesn't overwhelm my poor DSL line. :D

Wow! Why do you have so many.. in an apartment?

Warthog912

Golden Member
Jun 17, 2001
Originally posted by: WinkOsmosis

it'd be great for a little' lan party. Bandwidth sux tho-

Bootprint

Diamond Member
Jan 11, 2002

Something to show off to the ladies.

blackdogdeek

Lifer
Mar 14, 2003
i got the linksys 802.11b kit with the wireless router and a pccard for the laptop. it was pretty easy to set up.

i also just got my extremely cheap wireless pci adapter for the desktop last week and that was even easier to set up.

needless to say we are loving it.

enjoy your set up! :)

Goosemaster

Lifer
Apr 10, 2001
Originally posted by: Bootprint

SO what do you think of my CATs, ladies?

Richdog

Golden Member
Feb 10, 2003
Originally posted by: Bootprint

lol:beer:

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
I'm a systems admin that's in my last year of college for my undergrad. I have a roommate that does a lot of work with Cisco stuff. I have about 6 computers total and my roommate has about 3-4. We sometimes hook our laptops up in the livingroom so I ran a cable under the carpet from one of the bedrooms and basically networked the apt. It worked out nicely, but now I want my lappy to roam. ;) $27 for this router/WAP after rebate. ;)

amnesiac

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
21 ports in a 2 bedroom apartment? Either every single electrical gadget in your house including your toaster is wired to the LAN or you just really, really need a life.

edit: Just saw your above post. It makes your excessive ports seem much more logical now. :)

Dacalo

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2000
I'm a systems admin that's in my last year of college for my undergrad. I have a roommate that does a lot of work with Cisco stuff. I have about 6 computers total and my roommate has about 3-4. We sometimes hook our laptops up in the livingroom so I ran a cable under the carpet from one of the bedrooms and basically networked the apt. It worked out nicely, but now I want my lappy to roam. ;) $27 for this router/WAP after rebate. ;)

Crazy setup :Q