Just got the new Nokia 8265.. owners post your likes/dislikes

DnetMHZ

Diamond Member
Apr 10, 2001
just picked up my new 8265 to replace my 8260 which has been a great phone.. but I beat the snot out of it and it was time to upgrade.
so far I really like the new backlight, the addition of the vibrate feature and some other things
It's going to take a while to get use to the new button layout..but I like it so far.

DnetMHZ

Kelvrick

Lifer
Feb 14, 2001
I'm really interested in that phone. What provider are you using? How much did you get it for?

DnetMHZ

Diamond Member
Apr 10, 2001
Originally posted by: Kelvrick
I'm really interested in that phone. What provider are you using? How much did you get it for?

I am on Cingular, and I got it for $99 after a $50 mail-in rebate

Kelvrick

Lifer
Feb 14, 2001
Originally posted by: dnetmhz

Damn, cingular... I was thinking of getting one of those shared plans with my gf and I dont' think cingular offers one. So far I only see ATT and verizon as services who offer this kind of plan. She doesn't really care what phone she gets, but then I had my eyes set on the 8265. Too bad cingular is hell where I plan to get it. :(

When do you think they'll come out with new faceplates for this phone? Did you get the phone from their website, or one of their stores?

DnetMHZ

Diamond Member
Apr 10, 2001

Damn, cingular... I was thinking of getting one of those shared plans with my gf and I dont' think cingular offers one. So far I only see ATT and verizon as services who offer this kind of plan. She doesn't really care what phone she gets, but then I had my eyes set on the 8265. Too bad cingular is hell where I plan to get it. :(

When do you think they'll come out with new faceplates for this phone? Did you get the phone from their website, or one of their stores?

I got the phone at the Cingular store (they only got them an hour and a half earlier), and they already have different faceplates there.. I think they had blue, pink, purple, green, and some other hidious colors. I'll stick with the stock color for now.

another thing I like is that I can use all my 8260 accesories and batteries with the new phone also.

DnetMHZ

JimmyEatWorld

Platinum Member
Dec 12, 2000
I just got this exact same deal....I love it so far. its lightweight, small, the battery life is alot longer than my old phone, and the white blacklit display is unbelivable. Yeah, Cingular doesn't to shared national plans, but they do do it on local plans, so you should go check it out Kelvrick.
Also, the National plans where they have no longdistance and no roaming end August 17th....so if you wanna get in on that deal (which is freakin awesome) do it now!!!

DnetMHZ

Diamond Member
Apr 10, 2001
Originally posted by: JimmyEatWorld
I just got this exact same deal....I love it so far. its lightweight, small, the battery life is alot longer than my old phone, and the white blacklit display is unbelivable. Yeah, Cingular doesn't to shared national plans, but they do do it on local plans, so you should go check it out Kelvrick.
Also, the National plans where they have no longdistance and no roaming end August 17th....so if you wanna get in on that deal (which is freakin awesome) do it now!!!

yes they also did away with the unlimited nights/weekends (which I have now) they offer 3500 minutes now.. but I kept my same plan so I'm still unlimited (if I ever use more than 3500 i should be shot, but anyway I'm sticking with my unlimited plus no roaming or long distance)

DnetMHZ

Diamond Member
Apr 10, 2001
Originally posted by: aphexII
Nokia 8265

Nokia shows the phone in blue on the site but it actually comes in silverish out of the box.

Nice. I just want a silver phone anyway. :) What do you think about that phone and the 8390?

I haven't seen the 8390 (do you mean the 8290 GSM phone?)

Kelvrick

Lifer
Feb 14, 2001
Originally posted by: aphexII
Nokia 8265

Nokia shows the phone in blue on the site but it actually comes in silverish out of the box.

Nice. I just want a silver phone anyway. :) What do you think about that phone and the 8390?

I haven't seen the 8390 (do you mean the 8290 GSM phone?)

Nope, i mean the 8390 I'm pretty sure I won't get getting cingular though. :( Everyone I've talked to says reception really sucks in the Davis/Sacramento area.