Just got my Wisdom teeth pulled...hurts just a bit! -POLL Updated!-

SaigonK

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2001
www.robertrivas.com
Had them done this morning, guess i should have hade it done 10 years ago wehn I was in my 20's! :(

Had the two lower ones taken out, not oo bad...the right side feels fine, it was already all the way out and showing, straight up and down as a regular tooth, quick and easy.
The second one was stickng out, not impacted but it was at about a 45 degree angle, so he had to do a ton more work on it and that side of my head hurts like hell....

Anyone else go through this and know what the recovery time was?

May 31, 2001
At least you did not wake up once they started hammering on them like I did. Turns out I only went to sleep since I had to get up so early to go get them out, not from the anesthetic. :(

Rallispec

Lifer
Jul 26, 2001
took a while to fully recover and for the holes to heal over... however i was eating solid food and had stopped hurting by the next day

AstIsis

Jan 18, 2003
I would say your recovery time should be 3- 7 days depending on how well you heal.

Mine was more like 3 weeks, but they had to cut all 4 out and it hurt like heck!

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
I said one day. I got all 4 taken out and the next day I did actually eat a burger. Not fast but I ate it. My wisdom hurt very little with minimal swelling.

dolph

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2001
it took about a full month before i wasn't hurting at all when i ate. wolverine i'm not, i guess :(

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
I was back at work two days later.

I did end up with drysocket, though, & missed another day after that.

Within 4-5 days though I was back to normal.

Viper GTS

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Originally posted by: Viper GTS
I was back at work two days later.

I did end up with drysocket, though, & missed another day after that.

Within 4-5 days though I was back to normal.

Viper GTS
I heard horror stories about dry socket. Thank god I didn't get it!

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
i couldent eat for about 3 days after they got taken out. actually i could barley even move around teh house. ate jello for the rest of teh week

O and im allergic to codine so i was in lots ofd pain also cause Advil wasent cuttin it

DarkManXY2G

Dec 4, 2000
It took a long time for me to heal, definately more and a week. All of my wisdom teeth were bone impacted though. My face was swollen for almost week in my case.

Hoober

Diamond Member
Feb 9, 2001
I've still got all of mine. I'll probably have to get them pulled one of these days, though.

SaigonK

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2001
www.robertrivas.com
Like i said....one side is just fine..no pain at all there...but the one that was at a 45degree angle is the one that hurts the most.
I am able to drink some stuff without issue, eating might be a different story, go back for the "follow up" in seven days.

Shelly21

Diamond Member
May 28, 2002
10 days for me.....

the Vicadon withdrawal sucks big time!!!! no wonder so many people are hooked! I'm glad I can quit cold turkey. Well, I took 18 pills nonstop, six hours apart. After that, the next 48 hours of withdrawal hit me hard. I will never take painkillers again unless I have cancer. :)

Oh, mine were not impacted...so the chance of dry socket is greater. And I have 4 gaping holes in my mouth. still....

codeyf

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
I went to a bomb dentist when I was still covered under my Dad's insurance. I ate a burger that night. No pain. But I had a shiz load of food pieces to squirt out of those empty sockets. :Q

SaigonK

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2001
www.robertrivas.com
Damn....10 days eh?
I am only taking tylenol, no need for coeine or vicadin or anything else like that...it doesnt hurt that much to be honest.

SaigonK

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2001
www.robertrivas.com
I might hold of eating for a few days (solid foods anyway) to avoid getting anythin in the holes....would really suck to have to clean them out.
Plus he didnt give me anything to do it with so maybe they arent that deep at all....

codeyf

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
Originally posted by: SaigonK
I might hold of eating for a few days (solid foods anyway) to avoid getting anythin in the holes....would really suck to have to clean them out.
Plus he didnt give me anything to do it with so maybe they arent that deep at all....

Heh, I had this cool little plastic syringe with a curved tip. I remember shooting water at my dog (RIP :() with it. Good times.

Dudd

Platinum Member
Aug 3, 2001
Originally posted by: codeyf
Originally posted by: SaigonK

Heh, I had this cool little plastic syringe with a curved tip. I remember shooting water at my dog (RIP :() with it. Good times.

I had the same thing. I was eating regular foods the next day just fine, and the soreness went away in another day or two. It was no big deal for me, my teeth were all relatively straight and none were impacted.

Beller0ph1

Golden Member
Apr 18, 2003
I had mine pulled and went camping a few days later. They got infected while we were caming in Door County, WI and I was on a penicillin regiment for a week. But I kinda remember watching Toy Story II just after getting them pulled. I think it was the best movie I ever saw...