Just got my Sega Genesis ornament!

GunsMadeAmericaFree

Golden Member
Jan 23, 2007
I just ordered a Sega Genesis ornament for our tree next Christmas:

It's about 3.5" wide and 3.5" long. It's roughly $6 shipped when using Paypal to pay for it, otherwise they add about $7 for shipping. (Hallmark website)

I hooked up a Sega Genesis 3 to an old TV a couple of years ago, and my kids have played it a decent amount. I thought it would be cool to hang the ornament on the tree later this year. It plays some well known sounds from Sonic 1, evidently.

If it turns out to be hollow and thick enough, I might pair it with a Raspberry Pi Zero 2 inside of it so that we could actually game on it.

Would that make it the smallest officially licensed (and working, with some work) Sega Genesis/Megadrive out there?

Attachments

• Sega.jpg
    Sega.jpg
    349.5 KB · Views: 14

TheELF

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 2012
Would that make it the smallest officially licensed (and working, with some work) Sega Genesis/Megadrive out there?
It's only slightly smaller than the megadrive mini 1-2.
With the controllers molded right onto there it's going to be rough connecting actual joypads anywhere on there.

GunsMadeAmericaFree

Golden Member
Jan 23, 2007
That's cool how much did you buy it?

It was about $6 shipped. I remember lusting after the Master System in the Sears catalog for years, and then the Genesis game out with I was in my late teens, but I was mostly doing PC games (and still playing a few TI 99/4a games) at the time, plus some games on older consoles. I didn't get the Genesis for a few years, and then when I did, I used the Master System adapter to play old games for that system that I could get cheap for a year or so.