just got my credit report from experian!

DaWhim

Lifer
Feb 3, 2003
:beer:
I don't have any bad record. but it doesn't show my FICO score :( I want to know my score.....

KLin

Lifer
Feb 29, 2000
sounds like you didn't spend the extra 10 bucks for your fico score

DaWhim

Lifer
Feb 3, 2003
i didn't pay for it. I got rejected by dell for their finance thing, so free credit report for me :)

Nocturnal

Lifer
Jan 8, 2002
Go to the hot deals section, search for Equifax. There is a deal where you do this survey and then you get a free credit report with FICO score at Equifax.com.

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Originally posted by: DaWhim
3 reports for $38.85
too much :(

WTF you don't need to order THREE credit reports.

EquiFax.com does have an option for 1 credit report with credit score for $12.95 and you can view it online instantly.

*bangs head against wall*

Nocturnal

Lifer
Jan 8, 2002
Go to the hot deals section of this forum, search for equifax. Take that survey and you'll get a FREE (no cost to you) credit report from equifax.

DaWhim

Lifer
Feb 3, 2003
Originally posted by: Nocturnal
Go to the hot deals section of this forum, search for equifax. Take that survey and you'll get a FREE (no cost to you) credit report from equifax.

I tried this. didn't really work out for me...

rufruf44

Platinum Member
May 8, 2001

If its the promotion thingy from Household bank. It ended last Friday. If you're really interested to know your score, cough up the dough. If you're too cheap for that, then stop whining :p

mattlear

Jun 2, 2000
Depending on the state you live in, you may be entitled to 1 free credit report per year. I know NJ had some law like that.

-Matt

coolred

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 2001
I just got mine a few days ago. Had a FICO of 700 which I know is not great, but that should rise considerablyvery soon, as after my taxes come I will be paying off a lot of my debt. Also I had to late payments listed on my report that I know I did not pay late. I sent out an online dispute and they should be removed. I got mine through equifax by the way. The 12.95 deal or whatever it costs

JHoNNy1OoO

Golden Member
Oct 18, 2003
Originally posted by: rufruf44

If its the promotion thingy from Household bank. It ended last Friday. If you're really interested to know your score, cough up the dough. If you're too cheap for that, then stop whining :p

Wooh! I'm glad I got in on the deal last week on Wednesday. Got a free report for everyone in my family(5 people).

DaWhim

Lifer
Feb 3, 2003
We regret we are unable to fulfill your Score Power order request because your credit report does not currently contain enough information to meet the minimum scoring criteria required to calculate a FICO® score. In order for a FICO score to be calculated, a report must contain:

* At least one account which has been open for six months or more.
* At least one account that has been updated in the past six months.
* No indication of deceased on the credit report.

The minimum criteria is designed to ensure that there is enough recent information in the report on which to base a FICO score.

If interested, you may obtain a copy of your Equifax Credit Profile? online (without FICO score) by clicking here, which will link you to Equifax who will process your request.

Note, your credit card has not been charged for this request. Note also that your credit report was accessed to provide this service, which will be reflected by a Fair Isaac inquiry that the credit bureau will post to your credit file. The Fair Isaac inquiry is labeled such that it will not affect your credit rating.

right.....:(
no score for me

Nocturnal

Lifer
Jan 8, 2002
It means you have no FICO score. You probably do not have any accounts open such as credit cards, phone accounts, etc. Try getting your mom or dad to put the phone/cable/electric bill in your name for six months. This should give you credit as long as you pay for the bills on time. Also, if you have a savings account with more than $500.00 available you could get a secured Visa or Mastercard. With a secured card you basically put down the $500.00 and it turns it into a $500.00 credit card. The reason why they need the deposit is because you have no credit and they have no way of trusting that you'll pay it back. Thus if you mess up they'll just take what you owe out of that and won't give it back to you.

Are you 18 yet?

DaWhim

Lifer
Feb 3, 2003
It means you have no FICO score. You probably do not have any accounts open such as credit cards, phone accounts, etc. Try getting your mom or dad to put the phone/cable/electric bill in your name for six months. This should give you credit as long as you pay for the bills on time. Also, if you have a savings account with more than $500.00 available you could get a secured Visa or Mastercard. With a secured card you basically put down the $500.00 and it turns it into a $500.00 credit card. The reason why they need the deposit is because you have no credit and they have no way of trusting that you'll pay it back. Thus if you mess up they'll just take what you owe out of that and won't give it back to you.

Are you 18 yet?

no....I have 2 cc now. my cellphone bill is on my name. :D
I don't have my cc for more than 6 months, so need to wait a few more months