just got fired....

Farbio

Diamond Member
Apr 9, 2000
went in to work tonite and got taken aside and sent home.....
long story leading up to it, but i knew it would happen sooner or later, i was just hoping to stay long enough to find myself a new job.

and its not that i did anything wrong, other than being a previous employee before the new ownership started.

oh well, just pissed that i got fired for the first time ever - never had any boss dislike me at all

Busie23

Jan 24, 2001
Sorry to hear bro. I'm sure you will come up with something soon. Where abouts are you looking for work at? Goodluck in your search!

Farbio

Diamond Member
Apr 9, 2000
long story short....i'm a bartender at a pretty nice rest/bar, been there for 3 years
new management/ownership started in jan, made it decently clear he didn't want anyone from before he was there. i also ended up working for the new dj company they hired to do entertainment, and after awhile became very disenchanted w/ the whole situation at work...constantly out of crap, management not giving a sh!t for the employees or even the customers....anyways, the management didn't do what they said they were going to for the dj co, and so the dj co decided to pull out last nite and packed up the equipment after the management put an ad in the paper seeking a dj. so i walk into work tonite told that 'a line was drawn in the sand and i'm not on the side of the restaurant, not to mention that i'm a slow bartender and not courteous to customers, so its time for us to go seperate ways.'

anyways, i knew it was going to happen sooner or later as i said he was tired of the old people, i had just wanted to get out of the restaurant biz and into some medical field better suited to helping me prepare/get experience for medical school

Bleep

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
No worries man!
A good bartender is hard to find. you will find a job easly.

Bleep

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001
Get that tear out of your :beer: and have another one!

:D

Sorry to hear about it, but at least you don't seem too upset about it.

Farbio

Diamond Member
Apr 9, 2000
thanks for the encouragement all - i do like to consider myself a good bartender and i've yet to find anyone that has said anything otherwise till today

and no, i'm not too upset at it....really didn't like working for a manager that was unappreciative of anyone not putting the restaurant first, regardless of if we were in school or anything like that
i'm tired of working for a short napoleon syndrome balding gay man who runs the restaurant by fear of firing alone

Rastus

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Corporate run bars do that stuff all the time. Managers are constantly transferring and when they get to the new bar, they typically get rid of the old staff and entertainment.