just got fallout 3 las vagas for the pc..

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
and i love it. so much better then the fallout 3 i have for the PS3. far and away better controls and visuals.

the story is great. i am enjoying it alot.

makes me glad that they put it on PC too. wish more were done on PC.

vrait

Aug 10, 2010
Check out the newvegasnexus.com for mods. Makes the game MUCH better, and much better looking.

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
I had so many issues with FO:NV that I uninstalled it. It crashed way too much. I'm not the only one who had issues with it either from what I read on their forum. However, the issues we are having are never fixed and apparently now won't ever be fixed.

Ah well...

Arkaign

Lifer
Oct 27, 2006
I was lucky I guess, FO3 and NV never crashed on me, and I played FO3 on several PCs.

OP, make sure you get all of the patches for good measure anyway, as they fix some quest bugs as well as aid stability for some folks.

Arglebargle

Dec 2, 2006
I had so many issues with FO:NV that I uninstalled it. It crashed way too much. I'm not the only one who had issues with it either from what I read on their forum. However, the issues we are having are never fixed and apparently now won't ever be fixed.

Ah well...

Oh sure they will be fixed: But because it's a Bethesda game engine, the fixing will be done by the fan base, not the company.

Imp

Lifer
Feb 8, 2000
Of the 3 official "mods" (DLC) out now, get the latest one: "Old World Blues". Most worth it of all of them, and it adds 5 to the level cap. Interesting items and a good permanent home kind of thing.

wuliheron

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2011
Compared to the FO3 DLCs the ones for NV all suck so bad it makes you believe Bethesda is trying to see just how low they can go and still get people to buy the damned things.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Compared to the FO3 DLCs the ones for NV all suck so bad it makes you believe Bethesda is trying to see just how low they can go and still get people to buy the damned things.

The user mods are quite kick ass, especially now that crafting at a bench is so streamlined. All kinds of cool shit you can make, like stealth boys, stealth suits, weapon mods, and more.

AstroManLuca

Lifer
Jun 24, 2004
Heh, may as well post my mod list:

Fixes:
Invisible Wall Remover
Fatigue Weapons Fix
More Strip Map Markers
Unarmed and Melee Perk Fix

Interface:
DarNified UI
Primary Needs HUD
Centered Third Person Camera

Visual enhancements:
Electro-City (more streetlights)
Better Burned Man
Enhanced Blood Textures
Vurt's Wasteland Flora Overhaul (lots more plants, more variety)
Nevada Skies
Yam's Pinup Parade
Ojo Bueno texture packs
High res weapon textures

Gameplay changes:
Weapon Mod Expansion
New Vegas Bounties 1 and 2
Project Nevada - this is a big one that changes a lot of aspects of the game. Try it out after you've played through once already if you want something a bit different. Many of the changes are optional or adjustable.

Other:
Secret Stash (more songs on the radio)
CASM (save manager that works a lot better than the stock autosave system)
4GB address exe (new exe that can take advantage of more RAM, especially useful if you use new texture packs)

Oh and to use some of these you will need New Vegas Script Extender (NVSE) and you will DEFINITELY need Fallout Mod Manager (FOMM).

zerocool84

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004

Ah well...

Bethesda doesn't know how to make a bug free game. Then their DLC is even more buggy then their games. With how huge Skyrim is supposed to be, it's probably going to be their buggiest game to date.

AstroManLuca

Lifer
Jun 24, 2004
Bethesda doesn't know how to make a bug free game. Then their DLC is even more buggy then their games. With how huge Skyrim is supposed to be, it's probably going to be their buggiest game to date.

Technically, New Vegas is an Obsidian game. But it's built on Bethesda's Gamebryo engine, and Obsidian isn't known for being the most bug-free developer either (KOTOR 2).