Just got back from Hawaii, and put up lots of pictures of me, my girlfriend, and scenery...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Jothaxe

Golden Member
Apr 5, 2001

<< So, Jothaxe, did you wear shorts at any point during your trip? I wouldn't dream of wearing pants while in paradise! ;) >>

Yes, I wore shorts pretty often. I just left out a lot of those pictures because I am so pale! ;)

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Cute girlfriend :) I haven't read the thread but I suppose somebody else already mentioned that.

Jothaxe

Golden Member
Apr 5, 2001

<< you do realize that people are connecting and looking because they hope to see almost nude shots of your girlfriend naked. >>

Hehe, you may be right!

But of course I chose not to publish any of those pictures! ;) :) :) My girlfriend would kill me ;) ;) ;)

Jothaxe

Golden Member
Apr 5, 2001

<< Cute girlfriend :) I haven't read the thread but I suppose somebody else already mentioned that. >>

Thanks Skoorb. Actually I dont think anyone had mentioned that. She will be flattered to read that I am sure!

Jothaxe

Golden Member
Apr 5, 2001

<< she's got a Goldberg tatoo. She'll regret that when she gets older! >>

You have said this in just such a way that I cant tell if you are kidding or not.

Anyway, we both got those fake tattoos at the Polynesian Culture Center. They are supposed to be based on the designs the Maori people (from New Zealand) use.

Jothaxe

Golden Member
Apr 5, 2001

<< page is down >>

Sorry XCLAN. If you still want to see, try again in a few minutes when there are less people looking and it should work ok.

SendTrash

Platinum Member
Apr 18, 2000
huge ass pics.. why don't you process them?

btw, what software did you use to create the layouts?

Jothaxe

Golden Member
Apr 5, 2001

<< huge ass pics.. why don't you process them? >>

I suppose I could probably downsample all of them in adobe premiere in one fell swoop. It would probably only take a few moments. But I just dont like lower resolution pictures. I like the fact that I can use some of these as wallpaper. Hey, at least they are .jpeg format instead of .bmp!

<< btw, what software did you use to create the layouts? >>

I created the layouts in FrontPage.

Jothaxe

Golden Member
Apr 5, 2001

<< Is that you with the spear, and skirt? >>

No, that is some guy who works at the Polynesian Culture Center. I am the pale guy in a lot of the pictures.

<< Vey nice pic's btw :) >>

Thanks a lot, HansHurt

whitelight

Diamond Member
Apr 9, 2001
looks cool. i'm going to hawaii next week. nyc is 92F and humid. can't wait to leave this place.

ratkil

Platinum Member
Jan 12, 2000
Hey, what is the deal with asian women and white guys?!?
j/k ;-) couldn't resist after the last few days here

Cool pictures, thanks for sharing

kingz

Golden Member
Nov 7, 2000
Hey, want me to go outside and take a couple pics? I got a Fujifilm 40i;)

hehe, thats what I get to see everyday. yea it sucks to live down here:D

dukdukgoos

Golden Member
Dec 1, 1999
Nice pics...cute GF (nice dimples!) :) I want to go, too. I'm thinking about Thailand, but $450/per person roundtrip including hotel is very tempting (I'm in L.A. too).

Jothaxe

Golden Member
Apr 5, 2001

<< Nice pics...cute GF (nice dimples!) :) I want to go, too. I'm thinking about Thailand, but $450/per person roundtrip including hotel is very tempting (I'm in L.A. too). >>

Ooooh Thailand! I have been wanting to visit there for quite some time now. My Thai used to be decent, but it has slipped in the past couple years. Hopefully it would start to come back if I just spent some time there. Have you seen any cheap package deals for airfare/hotel? There have to be some really good deals out there especially since the Thai economy is currently pretty sluggish compared to the rest of the world.

AznMaverick

Platinum Member
Apr 4, 2001
K00l, i live in hawaii, oahu to be exact, isn't it a bit boring over here, i personally can't find anything to do over here...

damocles

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Yeh
It's a shame about Thailand. When i was living there (mid 90s) it had one the worlds fastest growing economies, then it all turned to custard.

Still its great value travelling there and the people you meet are among the friendliest in the world

I will never understand why Asia isn't a bigger tourist destination

Nice Pics and it looks like you had a groovy holiday