Just found out I'm getting laid off...:(

sadb0i

Golden Member
Mar 2, 2001
after 3 years of working tech support for this company, they are outsourcing to another company. *sigh*

brxndxn

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2001
yay.. you'll probby be replaced with someone with an nonunderstandable accent. That sucks. Sorry man.

sadb0i

Golden Member
Mar 2, 2001
Originally posted by: TwinkleToes77
That sucks.. My husband was put in that position dec 15.. right before XMAS!

*shakes head*

thats just gay

thanks guys. ive got 5 months to search. im glad they gave us that much time at least.

AlienCraft

Lifer
Nov 23, 2002
Originally posted by: sadb0i
after 3 years of working tech support for this company, they are outsourcing to another company. *sigh*
Sorry to hear that. My only piece of advice is to figure out how to work for yourself.
I guess we will all end up working for Wal-Mart or Costco selling items to each other, items manufactured offshore and supported offshore for American- Branded Corporations who only serve the best interests of the preferred stock shareholders.
Damn , I am sounding more and more like a Damn Communist as formerly American Companies become "Global" entities and wipe their feet on the backs of the workers who built their company in the first place.
/ rant......

< Gotta get out and get to work...... or I'll have to outsource myself BWAHAHAHahahahhahaah <maniacal laughter echoing off into the distance

lokiju

Lifer
May 29, 2003
As someone in the IT field and being laid off after working for a company for 3.5 years myself, I feel your pain.

Don't stress it to much, there's other jobs out there.

Sorry.

Regs

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
Outsourcing to another country or being contracted?

IT isn't exactly great now. They get what they pay for. My company got its deserve after out sourcing a lot of their former permanent positions. The contractors are idiots and high school flunkies. I just don't get it.

My department head just went to human resources complaining about how he has to keep replacing contractors. He is also way up there on the company hierarchy, and for a big site director to go to human resources to address the problem is pretty signifigant. Such a mess and such a lousey way to do business.

MaxDepth

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2001
have you contacted the outsoucing company? They'd probably rather have you than someone brand new.

Although you might be asked to take a pay cut.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Originally posted by: MaxDepth
have you contacted the outsoucing company? They'd probably rather have you than someone brand new.

Although you might be asked to take a pay cut.

Make the initial contact. Shows initiative. Depending on how much work you werre doing, you may have inside knowledge that would be valuable.