Just found New Thingy! Wut is it?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Raduque

Lifer
Aug 22, 2004
Bose gear universally sounds terrible anyway. I'd just throw it back into the trashpile where you found it.

Edit: This thread should really be in A/V and HT.

Virgorising

Diamond Member
Apr 9, 2013
Bose gear universally sounds terrible anyway. I'd just throw it back into the trashpile where you found it.

Very interesting. This is wut I was kinda raised to believe....cynically. Only vapid, malleable humans who have no brains and are into status merda go there. And, anyone who does is a moron to be held in contempt!

But, while I haven't heard it yet myself, my BF says it sounded good!!

Again, when I discovered online, the newer ones have AUX, I felt bad, cause had this one had that, I would have kept it and hooked it up at least.

I agree, thread should be where u said, but remember, when I found it and brought it down, I had no clue wut it was. I made pics and posted immediately.

But, if BOSE really is so Faux, how come Apple hooked up with them in the first place to make these devices?

sweenish

Diamond Member
May 21, 2013

I wouldn't go so far as to say terrible, but the comparison I enjoy is that Bose is the Olive Garden of audio gear.

It's not terrible, but you can get much higher quality for the same money.

Virgorising

Diamond Member
Apr 9, 2013
I wouldn't go so far as to say terrible, but the comparison I enjoy is that Bose is the Olive Garden of audio gear.

Awesome analogy!!!:D

But I never know what I might find in this building.....and that is the real adventure!!!:wub:

Feb 25, 2011
But, if BOSE really is so Faux, how come Apple hooked up with them in the first place to make these devices?

Dozens of companies made iPod docks with speakers.

And a $30 Bluetooth stereo I got at Menards is more convenient than any of them. :D

Virgorising

Diamond Member
Apr 9, 2013
Dozens of companies made iPod docks with speakers.

And a $30 Bluetooth stereo I got at Menards is more convenient than any of them. :D

I had no clue! I had an ipod long ago, I think, the second one, but it escaped my pocket and killed itself smashing onto the sidewalk....but I never had a dock.

Last edited:

NutBucket

Lifer
Aug 30, 2000

Bad analogy because OG is cheap. Bose is not.

Virgorising

Diamond Member
Apr 9, 2013
Get a 30-pin bluetooth adapter and use it with whatever smartphone you have.

http://www.amazon.com/SoundBot%C2%AE...+pin+bluetooth

Thanks for this, I learned about this option here in this thread, told my BF who took it to test with someone he knows with an older iphone.

My BF did this, got the adapter!....I have now heard the thingy, and I must admit, it sounds really good. I have no interest in this thingy.......say, to use it with my Samsung Android phone....my BF is an everything Apple person. (Sigh.) He is also way more into gadgets than I am.

But, made me happy I came upon it, got it identified, saved it, ran back up and found its tiny remote...and, that it remained in the family as it were.

Last edited: