Just finished watching "Orange County"

Lager

Diamond Member
May 19, 2003
Great movie. Question from the movie though.

Can you really get into a college by donating money to build a building/facility? I also remember from Simpsons when Burns tries to get his son into Yale but they wouldn't accept him unless they got a "airport".

wkabel23

Platinum Member
Dec 7, 2003
Originally posted by: Lager
Great movie. Question from the movie though.

Can you really get into a college by donating money to build a building/facility? I also remember from Simpsons when Burns tries to get his son into Yale but they wouldn't accept him unless they got a "airport".

Depends on how much money you give...

igowerf

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2000
The only Jack Black movie that I've seen is Shallow Hal and that was one of the worst movies I've ever seen. I've also seen him in interviews on talk shows and he isn't very funny.

Kerouactivist

Diamond Member
Jul 12, 2001
I think he is funny but, overrated yes.

It seems to me that the comedy world is still looking for a sucessor to "Chris Farley" they aren't going to find it.....

MaxDSP

Lifer
May 15, 2001
Originally posted by: igowerf
The only Jack Black movie that I've seen is Shallow Hal and that was one of the worst movies I've ever seen. I've also seen him in interviews on talk shows and he isn't very funny.

Shallow Hal was so friggin stupid I don't know why Jack Black didn't fade from the Hollywood spotlight after making that pile of sh!t

Lager

Diamond Member
May 19, 2003
Originally posted by: MaxDSP
Originally posted by: igowerf

Shallow Hal was so friggin stupid I don't know why Jack Black didn't fade from the Hollywood spotlight after making that pile of sh!t

Because Gwenyth Paltrow was in it and it made ton of money?

DigDug

Mar 21, 2002
As bad as JAck black is, he's still better than that ASSHAT Adam Sandler. How is talking like a baby with a random scream thrown supposed to be funny? Is it a jewish thing?

MaxDSP

Lifer
May 15, 2001
Originally posted by: DigDug
As bad as JAck black is, he's still better than that ASSHAT Adam Sandler. How is talking like a baby with a random scream thrown supposed to be funny? Is it a jewish thing?

I agree 100% with this

esun

Platinum Member
Nov 12, 2001
I doubt money can technically get you into a public school, but with private schools, anything goes. If you have the right connections, you're in (if you've applied to one, you know they always ask if any family members or relatives have ever attended or worked for their university).