Just finished the witcher: enhanced edition. **Spoiler sorta**

Powermoloch

Lifer
Jul 5, 2005
after 48 good hours, the ending was a mind rape (who knew about the kid O_O !!!!??!!). Great game, onwards to witcher 2 :awe:. I've read alot of reviews, and yes it does get better at chapter II and onwards.

I give this game a 8.5/10 in my awesome sauce rating.

Last edited:

Rifter

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I could never get past the beggining parts, too boring too much runing back and forth and i didnt care for the fighting system either. Im going to give it another shot though its been over a year now maybe ill like it now :)

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
It's nice to meet fellow Witcher fans. :) The Witcher 1 is my favorite RPG. The Witcher 2 is also fantastic on all fronts, but for some reason, TW1 still holds a special place in my heart.

I think it's interesting how people say Chapter 1 is boring. Chapter 1 is actually what sold me. In that tiny village, outside of Vizima, everything suddenly felt so real to me. Like I thought "this is going to be something special". Needless to say I was hooked.

PrayForDeath

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2004
I thoroughly enjoyed the Witcher 1. The prologue was confusing (information overload), but I liked chapter 1, especially the ending of it, where everything turned upside down (I sided with Abigail.)

Also, the intro to Chapter 4 was one of the most memorable moments in gaming for me. And then the village there and its tragic story along with the soundtrack are just amazing.

Brilliant game. Have fun with the Witcher 2, I'm sure you'll love it :D

StinkyPinky

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2002
The first few hours of The Witcher are painful. I almost gave up....glad I didn't as the game quickly turns and becomes interesting and a great game

The Witcher 2 is just as good, if not even better.

It's been a good year for rpg's. Witcher 2, Deus Ex HR, Skyrim. Two Worlds 2 was also decent.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
I started to read this and in the first line there appears to be a spoiler, thanks. Use the damn spoiler tags.

Aug 11, 2008
I started the witcher I and could not get into it (speaking charitably). Maybe now that I have pretty much exhausted Skyrim, I will try it again. Combat just seemed so, so clunky.

ArchAngel777

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
I fired this up today. I was extremely thrilled until I got to the combat. How crude! Terrible controls, IMO. This is what ruined Drakensang for me as well. So, after about 2 minutes of fighting I quit the game. Going to uninstall it here shortly. Too bad, because I really think I'd like the story.

PrayForDeath

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2004
the controls are that bad when you get used to it, it got really simple in my experience.

Agreed. Eventually I got to a point where I could just mow down whatever I ran into through AoE spells.

Don't give up on the game during the prologue. Try to stick with it, and you'll be rewarded with a very fun experience. It's kind of like reading a novel; you won't get instant gratification, but eventually you will be glad you stuck with it to the end.

Last edited: