Just finished taking the GRE...now it's off to the PUB!!!

miniMUNCH

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2000
Just took the general GRE, and I now realize that I should've studied harder for the verbal section.

Writing section wasn't too bad...

Verbal section was a little bizarre for me...scored a 610.

Quantitative section had me a little dupped...but I managed a 770.

Good enough for me, I'm applying to grad schools after working for three years.

BUT NOW...IT' TO THE PUB!!!:D

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
Originally posted by: gotsmack
how did you get your scores back so fast?

GRE is done on computer, it scores it immediately (not certified scores, IIRC) and the test gets harder the better you do

Darien

Platinum Member
Feb 27, 2002
How did you study for the GREs?

<--- needs to take 'em eventually. physics subject exam probably spring next year, and general fall in 2 years...

<--- sucks at vocab :(

miniMUNCH

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2000
As far as a true to color PUB...LA is devoid. But there are a few places that come close.

Darien,

I didn't study for the GRE...and I wish I had. I was feeling stupid during portions of the verbal section and it showed on my score. Definitely study for the verbal.

miniMUNCH

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2000
But really, by PUB I simply meant a place that sells hard liquor. "TO THE PUB!!!" is an expression my friends and I developed/picked-up in the UK and now we apply it to any time we want to get sloshed.:D

But, my wife and I decided to stay home after all...[homer voice]BOOORRRRING!![end homer voice]

miniMUNCH

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2000
rgwalt:

The GRE stuff on the computer test said 12 days max to get the 'referee score' on essays if they are typed on the computer and up to six weeks if written out.

TEEZLE:

I'm sorry...I didn't mean to imply I am from the UK...my friends and I have visited multiple times for weeks-months at a time (my best friend actually lived in and around the UK for about 2 years straight). Also, my aunt lives in Florence, Italy so I go to visit her when I can. I can say this: Europeans, in general, know how to have a great time any day of week...that's where I picked up my partying ways.