Just Finished off the Japanese movie versions of the Ringu series

Coquito

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2003
I know I'll probably never bother to see what's left of the series, figuring none of it flows with anything else. This last movie did confuse me a bit. Near the end, something about Sadako is revealed & I need clarification with the way the movie "comes together". I don't want to spoil any netflix users, so I won't mention anything specific. Unless someone wants to go ahead & explain it to me here that is. :)

Just for the heck of it:

The Ring > Ringu
Ringu 0 > The Ring 2
Ringu 2 > Ringu 0
Howard the Duck > Rasen

May 31, 2001
They are not Japanese "versions," they are the originals. :p

Saw the first one, enjoyed it. Haven't seen any of the others, or the American versions.

Gooberlx2

Lifer
May 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Coquito
I know I'll probably never bother to see what's left of the series, figuring none of it flows with anything else. This last movie did confuse me a bit. Near the end, something about Sadako is revealed & I need clarification with the way the movie "comes together". I don't want to spoil any netflix users, so I won't mention anything specific. Unless someone wants to go ahead & explain it to me here that is. :)

Just for the heck of it:

The Ring > Ringu
Ringu 0 > The Ring 2
Ringu 2 > Ringu 0
Howard the Duck > Rasen
LOL
Rasen is the German one right?

Coquito

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2003
Originally posted by: Gooberlx2

Just for the heck of it:

The Ring > Ringu
Ringu 0 > The Ring 2
Ringu 2 > Ringu 0
Howard the Duck > Rasen
LOL
Rasen is the German one right?

The original ringu 2 before the cries for a remake.
Ringu virus is the Korean one.
There was a tv movie.
There was also a tv series.
Books & manga as well.

Gooberlx2

Lifer
May 4, 2001
The original ringu 2 before the cries for a remake.
Ringu virus is the Korean one.
There was a tv movie.
There was also a tv series.
Books & manga as well.

Oh, I was at blockbuster and noticed a German remake of Ringu....can't remember what it was called though. Wonder how that stacks up.

[edit]
FINISH YOUR HOMEWORK!!!! :p

May 31, 2001
There was also a Dreamcast game called The Ring, except instead of a videotape it was a computer virus.

I may have a detail or two wrong, it has been a long time since I read about it.