Just finished Hereos

Kaido

Elite Member & Kitchen Overlord
Feb 14, 2004
I really liked it! It was a nice change from Lost...it felt good to be getting answers every episode :laugh: My favorite character is the Japanese kid, Hiro...cracks me up with all the nerd references from Star Trek and whatnot. One little irk is that it feels like they're not letting ANYONE die on the show...Sylar crawls into the sewer, the cop probably won't die (I liked him too, so it's okay), the little girl didn't get killed, DL probably won't die, Peter can regenerate (maybe his brother threw him into space and flew away because he knew that?), Linderman probably isn't dead (healing powers?), etc. I was a bit sad that they killed off Simone, but that helped defuse the whole love triangle thing, plus they killed off Isaac so it's all good now. I spent the last week watching the episodes in my spare time...it was nice not to have to wait every week for a new episode. I think I'll skip the airing of Season 2 and just wait so that I can watch them all online :D

btw, does anyone else think Sylar looks like Gordon Frohman from that Half-Life 2 comic? :confused:

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
I just an some Oreos.

Raiden256

Platinum Member
Feb 11, 2001
Originally posted by: SlitheryDee
Why didn't peter just fly himself away dammit!?

When his brother told him to make it stop, Peter said something along the lines of "I can't. I can't do anything!"

I took that to mean that he had lost control of all his other powers at that point, thereby explaining his inability to fly.

kaymin

Jul 21, 2001
Why doesn't Hiro just transport himself to when Sylar was a baby and kill him? Why doesn't Peter do that? Why does the girl with the double just stand there when peter is fighting sylar at the end?

Looney

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
Originally posted by: kaymin
Why doesn't Hiro just transport himself to when Sylar was a baby and kill him?

Hiro had a hard enough time trying to fight his conscious and kill Sylar when Sylar was vulnerable with his mom... you really think he had it in himself to kill a baby?

Why doesn't Peter do that?

Peter doesn't have Hiro's ability... post nuke he did though, but he was the one that blew up the city.

Why does the girl with the double just stand there when peter is fighting sylar at the end?

Cuz Peter told her to go to her family, and he would take care of Sylar himself.

Kaido

Feb 14, 2004
Why doesn't Hiro just transport himself to when Sylar was a baby and kill him? Why doesn't Peter do that? Why does the girl with the double just stand there when peter is fighting sylar at the end?

Remember what Hiro said about stepping on a bug and changing the future? I don't think he wants to risk jeopardizing his present by any of his actions in the past. He came back to the present to change the future because it wasn't his future yet. But it's only possible if he uses Peter's flying powers to take his stainless-steel sword to 88.5mph.

touchmyichi

Golden Member
May 26, 2002
Originally posted by: Kaido

Remember what Hiro said about stepping on a bug and changing the future? I don't think he wants to risk jeopardizing his present by any of his actions in the past. He came back to the present to change the future because it wasn't his future yet. But it's only possible if he uses Peter's flying powers to take his stainless-steel sword to 88.5mph.

You guys are looking at this the wrong way: it doesn't matter. From a literary standpoint it is impossible to do that. It's not like the writers of this series perfectly constructed the world of heroes with all of these random elements in mind. It's just a random poor science fiction writer who needed things to flow from week to week and needed to keep things interesting, not the result of thousands of hours of carefully constructing the characters' use of the powers to choose the most sensible outcome.

Kaido

Feb 14, 2004
Originally posted by: touchmyichi

You guys are looking at this the wrong way: it doesn't matter. From a literary standpoint it is impossible to do that. It's not like the writers of this series perfectly constructed the world of heroes with all of these random elements in mind. It's just a random poor science fiction writer who needed things to flow from week to week and needed to keep things interesting, not the result of thousands of hours of carefully constructing the characters' use of the powers to choose the most sensible outcome.

I think they did a good job. It's more realistic than X-men - it's people dealing with new abilities the way people deal with change. They're not perfect and even carefully-laid plans can fall apart. I really like this show a lot!

Shadowknight

Diamond Member
May 4, 2001
Killing Sylar as a baby: A) He doesn't know what his real name is or where he was born B) It was a bitch to escape "destiny" FOR THE ENTIRE SEASON, especially since he still failed to keep Charlie's head from being opened by a telekinetic can opener C) He's trying to be a hero, and hero's don't murder children, even if they grow up to be monster, and that type of thing wouldn't occur to him anyway.

Oh, and his dad played by George Takei was badass with the sword training.

Fox5

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2005
I really liked it! It was a nice change from Lost...it felt good to be getting answers every episode :laugh: My favorite character is the Japanese kid, Hiro...cracks me up with all the nerd references from Star Trek and whatnot. One little irk is that it feels like they're not letting ANYONE die on the show...Sylar crawls into the sewer, the cop probably won't die (I liked him too, so it's okay), the little girl didn't get killed, DL probably won't die, Peter can regenerate (maybe his brother threw him into space and flew away because he knew that?), Linderman probably isn't dead (healing powers?), etc. I was a bit sad that they killed off Simone, but that helped defuse the whole love triangle thing, plus they killed off Isaac so it's all good now. I spent the last week watching the episodes in my spare time...it was nice not to have to wait every week for a new episode. I think I'll skip the airing of Season 2 and just wait so that I can watch them all online :D

btw, does anyone else think Sylar looks like Gordon Frohman from that Half-Life 2 comic? :confused:

Pretty sure linderman will be dead, but his organization will take a turn for the worse.

Oh, and the show got networked. Apparently the show was originally supposed to kill off or at least do away (as in remove from plot) most of the characters every season, but the characters were deemed too likable and popular. Remember the long mid-season break? Apparently it was because they needed to do more filming. Though sylar was always supposed to survive.