Just curious....how is the weather in your neck of the woods?

Page 68 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Snow still not stopping. Pretty crazy storm.

I secretly hope for a power outage while working from home. I need to justify all the money I put into solar power and batteries LOL. Well the solar won't do much in these conditions but I should have enough battery power to last a day.

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005
Still storming here. Lots of snow and no signs of it stopping.

I have a backhoe coming to do my driveway tomorrow. With the previous snow melt we had, everything is so jagged and uneven it's near impossible to do anything with it, can't shovel or snow blow or anything, just get caught everywhere. So they'll fix that up tomorrow.

Pics of (back)hoe?

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Pics of (back)hoe?

SU1HXzMzODIuanBn

(just a random pic)

Without the "back" part. NSFW.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
-8 feels like -15. Snow still has not stopped. 3rd snow day in a row for schools.

Driveway all done now, they were not able to go down to the concrete but scraped it down enough that it's at least even now so I won't get caught everywhere trying to shovel.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
OK, I know it will be a shocker...but our weather is cool and gray...with a storm coming this weekend. Rain in the PNW...WHAT A SURPRISE.

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
It's been snowing off and on all day so far. Temp is at 1C. Very windy, too. Feels like -9C.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Snow finally stopped and sun is out now. Standing in snow shoes on top of the snow I can now touch the roof gutters. Went to take snow off the solar panels and it felt like an antarctic expedition lol.

Spacehead

Lifer
Jun 2, 2002
We just can't get away for the snow here. I shoveled my deck when i got home yesterday around 2pm. Most of it was melting but my deck doesn't see direct sun this time of year.
Today i wake up to another lite dusting of new snow :(

seriously? You live in Pennsylvania FFS!

-video removed
lmao wow people drive like freaking idiots down south. Slow the F down when it's that bad.
That pile-up was on the Eastern side of the state & i live on the Western side. Driving home from work that day was not fun. In & out of near whiteout conditions the entire time. Even when it was (temporarily)clear i knew enough to drive slow as you didn't know when the next whiteout would occur. There were constant whirlwinds of snow dancing in the fields.

I don't know exactly what the conditions were there. One report i heard something about fog too, so maybe there wasn't as much wind as here. Maybe they were in relatively clear then all of a sudden whiteout???

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
We just can't get away for the snow here. I shoveled my deck when i got home yesterday around 2pm. Most of it was melting but my deck doesn't see direct sun this time of year.
Today i wake up to another lite dusting of new snow :(

That pile-up was on the Eastern side of the state & i live on the Western side. Driving home from work that day was not fun. In & out of near whiteout conditions the entire time. Even when it was (temporarily)clear i knew enough to drive slow as you didn't know when the next whiteout would occur. There were constant whirlwinds of snow dancing in the fields.

I don't know exactly what the conditions were there. One report i heard something about fog too, so maybe there wasn't as much wind as here. Maybe they were in relatively clear then all of a sudden whiteout???
I would assume most drivers are aware of winter road conditions in PA and how to adjust to it. It's no different here. We get winter every year and there are always the same stupid collisions due to people not paying enough attention to road conditions.

It really bugs me.

Reactions: Red Squirrel

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Dammit...we have a chance of snow predicted overnight tonight. :eek:
Right now, the accuweather app says it's 41F with a "real feel" of 31F.

Damn you global warming!

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Weather has been all over the place here as is tradition for this time of year. Seems to dip into negative single digits at night and snow, and then goes into positive single digits in the day and it melts a bit. Basically we are losing some of our snow but at a slow pace since it keeps being replaced. Guess it's good it's not melting too fast or we'll get flooding.

Spacehead

Lifer
Jun 2, 2002
Woke up to everything covered in snow this morning but it all melted during the day. Looks like there's a pretty good chance of rain most days this week.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Happily, the snow flurries skipped over us. The Cascades are getting a wallop though.

Stiff Clamp

Feb 3, 2021
89° already? ye gods! It's not May yet in East Texas. Plenty of sun these days.

full-on spring out there - warm sun, lush greenery, flowers, pollen all around

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
8 degrees. Thermometer outside says 10 though. Basing on the snow levels it does look quite warm today. Snow has melted quite a lot and house roofs only have a bit left. Have not gone outside yet and it looks very windy but it may be warm enough to go without a coat for the first time in the year.