Just curious....how is the weather in your neck of the woods?

Page 56 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Suppose to warm up to 1 on Christmas, so going to be messy here too if it does go that high.

-11 now. I hate this up and down weather. Just stay cold damnit.

Spacehead

Lifer
Jun 2, 2002
I hate this up and down weather. Just stay cold damnit.
Yeah, i hear ya. I hate winter but either be cold(20-25F) or 50F+. Supposed to be around 50F on Christmas & 100% chance of rain now then the following week highs in the 40s lows in the 30s so chances of rain/snow mix.

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
Yeah, i hear ya. I hate winter but either be cold(20-25F) or 50F+. Supposed to be around 50F on Christmas & 100% chance of rain now then the following week highs in the 40s lows in the 30s so chances of rain/snow mix.
50F+, what state do you live in??

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
Temps here (NH) are still on the high side for December. We are going below freezing regularly at night now. Not snow, but there is 6cm of snow on the ground, so we have a 'white' Christmas.

Spacehead

Lifer
Jun 2, 2002
50F+, what state do you live in??
PA, NW corner. I just hate the up & downs and i also hate when it varies around freezing temps as freezing rain/ice is the worst. It's 50 right now & projected to be 54 tomorrow for Christmas. I know it won't happen here regularly but yeah, if it could be 50 for the winter that's ok. So is 20-25 though.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
PA, NW corner. I just hate the up & downs and i also hate when it varies around freezing temps as freezing rain/ice is the worst. It's 50 right now & projected to be 54 tomorrow for Christmas. I know it won't happen here regularly but yeah, if it could be 50 for the winter that's ok. So is 20-25 though.

My dad was from your neck of the woods. The sprawling metropolis of Smethport...

Spacehead

Lifer
Jun 2, 2002
My dad was from your neck of the woods. The sprawling metropolis of Smethport...
I thought you had mentioned a connection before with this part of PA. Smethport is East of me. Never actually been there but it's close enough.

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
Well. That explains it! Had a friend from Seattle. Moved over somewhere near Spokane. Curious weather out that way.

sactoking

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2007
It's been cold and snowy here for the better part of a week. Governor had to declare a state of emergency because dumbass Californians think that the major mountain passes being closed means that their best bet is to drive on the unplowed back roads clearly marked as closed for the winter. Heard people saying it was taking 7 hours to get from Cave Rock to Zephyr Cove, a drive of 4.5 miles that typically takes about 10 minutes.

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
the snowstorm started about a hour ago. A cold front will sweep through later today making things much colder.

It is very windy with gusts hitting 80+ km/h and blowing and drifting snow with accumulations around 10cm give or take.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Supposedly we have yet another "atmospheric river" inbound. They're saying we could get another 5 inches of RAIN by Friday morning. The folks east of us are gonna get hammered with snow.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Right around freezing with light ice accumulation earlier this morning.

Now its raining lightly and 37f .... just freaking miserable. :confused:

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
Right around freezing with light ice accumulation earlier this morning.

Now its raining lightly and 37f .... just freaking miserable. :confused:
Same around here lately. Generally above freezing everyday. Lots of overcast/rainy weather that freezes overnight. Getting lots of migraines because of the unsettled weather.
On the plus side, I don't have to shovel snow, of pay my guy to snow blow heavier amounts.

Reactions: Captante

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Same around here lately. Generally above freezing everyday. Lots of overcast/rainy weather that freezes overnight. Getting lots of migraines because of the unsettled weather.
On the plus side, I don't have to shovel snow, of pay my guy to snow blow heavier amounts.

Interesting, I've had an on and off headache since Sunday. I'm not a stranger to migraines, had them my while life. So far I've only had to take medication yesterday. It's just annoying. This morning it was dull, and cleared up while doing my morning workout routine. Hope it's not slowing you down much, headaches are a real beeyotch.

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
Interesting, I've had an on and off headache since Sunday. I'm not a stranger to migraines, had them my while life. So far I've only had to take medication yesterday. It's just annoying. This morning it was dull, and cleared up while doing my morning workout routine. Hope it's not slowing you down much, headaches are a real beeyotch.
Not slowing me down right now, because I'm sick anyway :p. Waiting for stupid PCR results. But yeah, migraines suck. I inject Emgality once a month to cut them down and can use Zomig twice a week to handle the worst ones. But, that's not enough when the weather is unsettled for 2-3 weeks :(.

• Wow

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
The pounding continues. Getting pounded with about 20cm right now. Lots of the white stuff. Started last night when I went to bed, and it continues now. Looks like it will continue through tonight too. 3cm per hour and lots of blowing.

At least I don't have to work, so I'm just going to let it accumulate and deal with it when it's all done.

Oh and yes I'm talking about snow. :p

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
The pounding continues. Getting pounded with about 20cm right now. Lots of the white stuff. Started last night when I went to bed, and it continues now. Looks like it will continue through tonight too. 3cm per hour and lots of blowing.

At least I don't have to work, so I'm just going to let it accumulate and deal with it when it's all done.

1641417278973.png

• Haha

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006

You were just complaining about the mild on/off winter...and how you wished winter would just set in...be careful for what you wish.

Reactions: Captante and Ajay

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
You were just complaining about the mild on/off winter...and how you wished winter would just set in...be careful for what you wish.

I don't mind this, it's what's suppose to happen. What I hate is when it starts to melt and just turns into a mess, only to freeze again. It's the on and off I don't like.

This winter has not been TOO bad for being up and down this year though. I've seen worse.