Just curious....how is the weather in your neck of the woods?

Page 53 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
It's been raining on and off here most of the day...but we just had a cell pass over and it DUMPED rain for about 30 minutes. Back to just light rain now.
Power is out for most of the North Beach area. Apparently a tree is in the power lines somewhere along Hwy 101 and was on fire.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Rainy. If the predicted "pineapple express atmospheric river" brings what they say, we could end up with nearly 5 inches of rain by Monday night. (Friday-Monday totals)

• Wow
Reactions: Pohemi

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
Second snow (that I've seen here) this year but first accumulation...and wow, the flakes have been all Gabriel Iglesias. Supposed to get a total of 4-5 inches by tomorrow morning.

I don't think we've had a hard freeze here yet, a few frosts though, pre-dawn of course. I expect any accumulation today will be gone quickly (it's going back into the 40s in the following days), and likely replaced by more in the not-too-distant-future...like next Sunday, A.D. :laughing:

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Second snow (that I've seen here) this year but first accumulation...and wow, the flakes have been all Gabriel Iglesias. Supposed to get a total of 4-5 inches by tomorrow morning.

I don't think we've had a hard freeze here yet, a few frosts though, pre-dawn of course. I expect any accumulation today will be gone quickly (it's going back into the 40s in the following days), and likely replaced by more in the not-too-distant-future...like next Sunday, A.D. :laughing:

Not quite sure what that even means.

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi and Captante

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Been hovering just a bit below zero and been getting a small sprinkle of snow here and there but then it ends up melting throughout the day.

Back when I was a kid we typically had permanent snow on the ground by now.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Been hovering just a bit below zero and been getting a small sprinkle of snow here and there but then it ends up melting throughout the day.

Back when I was a kid we typically had permanent snow on the ground by now.

Where I lived in NY State growing up was colder then CT but not drastically ... it was the tropics compared to "Squirrel Country"!

;)

Even so it would usually at least be face-numbingly cold by early December and I can recall multiple BIG storms with snow that actually stuck around. Now we sometimes get the storm that early but it melts fast.

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
Where I lived in NY State growing up was colder then CT but not drastically ... it was the tropics compared to "Squirrel Country"!

;)

Even so it would usually at least be face-numbingly cold by early December and I can recall multiple BIG storms with snow that actually stuck around. Now we sometimes get the storm that early but it melts fast.
I live in what we jokingly refer to as Canadian Florida: the southern most part of Canada. We poke fun at those in the "north" even though we are all north.

Our forecast has been amended and we are seeing the first snow storm of the season. We are expecting up to 10cm of snow by the morning. :(

Life up north is always a mixed bag of fun.

Charmonium

Diamond Member
May 15, 2015
I rather like the weather we've had in the NY metro area. A near or nominal freeze at night and a baking hot direct sun in the day. Snuggle at night, standing face to the sun during the day. I can't get away with long exposure but it's still wonderful.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
I can't get away with long exposure

1*6VtTG0uoDgHrDfFI8-rIZA.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: Charmonium

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
So far...(knock on wood) the pineapple express is running north of us. We got less than 1/2" of rain today, Forks, 110 miles to the north got almost 2".

skyking

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
So far...(knock on wood) the pineapple express is running north of us. We got less than 1/2" of rain today, Forks, 110 miles to the north got almost 2".
it's been dry and windy here too. It will pour from about midnight to noon, I think. I have put off opening up the earth until Tuesday morning.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
it's been dry and windy here too. It will pour from about midnight to noon, I think. I have put off opening up the earth until Tuesday morning.

I got (a) a text message, (b) a robocall, and (c) an email from the Grays Harbor County Emergency Management folks...all saying basically the same thing:

Grays Harbor County Emergency Alert: A High Wind Warning has been issued for the Grays Harbor coast from 10 PM Sunday to 4 PM Monday. Southwest winds from 30-40 mph with gusts up to 55 mph are expected. Damaging winds could blow down trees and power lines particularly from Aberdeen to the coast.