Just curious....how is the weather in your neck of the woods?

Page 49 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
It's been hot here after hurricane Henry rolled thru. Like 95F in urban areas, 5-10 less in my *rural area

Last edited:

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
wWUJ54e.png

• Wow
Reactions: Red Squirrel

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I see Canada geese every day here. They don't bother migrating. Just eating and pooping everywhere.

I rarely actually see them here, except for the between seasons when they're flying away or arriving. I sometimes see them hang out in the school yard in front of my place but they don't stay long.

In a crocodile hunter like move, I managed to get dangerously close to them to take pics once. I'm lucky to be alive.

Muadib

Lifer
May 30, 2000
I rarely actually see them here, except for the between seasons when they're flying away or arriving. I sometimes see them hang out in the school yard in front of my place but they don't stay long.

In a crocodile hunter like move, I managed to get dangerously close to them to take pics once. I'm lucky to be alive.
I think you need to come and get your birds. I saw about 50 of them on the parkway yesterday. That's the New Jersey Parkway, since I know you are up North.

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
You are still better off than me. I had to go outside to take in the trash can, and thought I was going to die.
I did that too, in the afternoon. Sun really hits the back of my house in the summer and heats up the area around my deck. Same feeling. I need to go trim some weeds - uh, but not today!

Muadib

Lifer
May 30, 2000
I did that too, in the afternoon. Sun really hits the back of my house in the summer and heats up the area around my deck. Same feeling. I need to go trim some weeds - uh, but not today!
Sadly I had no choice. It was either that or get bit#$% out by the wife when she gets home.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Freaking humidity is right below the point where sweat does little to nothing to cool you off right now in CT. (temp shows 89f but more importantly 94% humidity)

I'm seriously considering snagging a cheapo compact computer desk and setting up in the bedroom with AC!

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
20 degrees and raining, which is very unusual. Normally it's cold when it rains, like it's been in past few days.

Also got a tornado warning on my phone. :eek: But Weather Network's site does not have a warning. Weird.

Might need to dust off the garage crawlspace to set up as a shelter. :eek:

Just showed up on weather network site now. Actually a watch not a warning, so not as serious I guess.

Issued at 11:19 Sunday 29 August 2021

Conditions are favourable for the development of severe thunderstorms which may produce tornadoes.

###

This is a dangerous and potentially life-threatening situation.

Tornado watches are issued when atmospheric conditions are favourable for the development of thunderstorms that could produce tornadoes.

Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to ONstorm@canada.ca or tweet reports using #ONStorm.

For more information: http://www.emergencymanagementontario.ca/english/beprepared/beprepared.html.

Looks like this could turn into an exciting day. :eek:

I kind of wonder if I should go take off the solar panels on my shed. I don't think they are rated for tornadoes. Then again I don't think my shed or my house is rated for a tornado...

Spacehead

Lifer
Jun 2, 2002
I kind of wonder if I should go take off the solar panels on my shed. I don't think they are rated for tornadoes. Then again I don't think my shed or my house is rated for a tornado...
Leave them right there, you might want solar in OZ.

Looked at the weather 1st thing when i got online... "Showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly after 5pm".
It started raining about 10 minutes ago.

Still hot & humid here till early next week it'll start to cool off... i guess

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Our high yesterday was a comfortable 65F.
It either rained lightly overnight or else the marine layer moved in heavily...everything is soaking wet outside.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Torrential downpour has started.

We are still only in "watch" status for the tornado so I have a feeling this is only going to turn into a large thunder/wind storm and not an actual tornado.